Car wont fit my daughter's power chair in - what can we do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Car wont fit my daughter's power chair in - what can we do?

TeamLeonie
TeamLeonie Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited April 2018 in Transport and travel
Hello my name is Vicky

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Vicky @TeamLeonie and a very warm welcome to you and to what must be Leonie? Very glad to have you with us.
    When you feel comfortable, could you let us know a little more about yourself and your situation? The better we get to know you, the more easily we may be able to be of service to you.
    Very warmest best wishes to you both,
    Richard
  • TeamLeonie
    Hi jennysdad 
    There are two things really , I have a little girl called Leonie she has Spastic Quadriplegia cerebral Palsy she passed her power chair test a few ago and he mobility car I have now ( ford titanium smax ) will not fit her power chair in and her pacer when we are out and about . It won’t even fit the power chair in . I paid £2500 towards this one only less than a year and a half ago . What do I do if anyone knows ? 
    Plus any advice on fund raising tips on my Daughters justgiving page . Because Leonie is eligible for the SDR operation , so for the last 3 weeks myself & friends / family have all been doing fundraising. The aftercare is more then the operation and if you know about this you’ll know it’s not funded on the NHS . If it was they wouldn’t do it anyway because Leonie unfortunately isn’t mobile and can not walk without a pacer and that’s minimal .
    Any advice would be gratefully received or just have a look on her justgiving page for more info please .
    thank you x

• JennysDad
    Hello Vicky, @TeamLeonie and thank you for the additional info. Bear with us a little while so that others can have time to view your post, and let's see what happens.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • TeamLeonie
    Thank you so much .
    Regards Vicky
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck and welcome 
  • Roma_Fletcher
    Roma_Fletcher Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Welcome ❤️ @TeamLeonie. I haven't been a member myself for long. They are a good group and give good advice. Again, welcome ❤️
  • TeamLeonie
    I’ve been reading some posts on the forums , some very emotional too . Thank you x 
  • Roma_Fletcher
    I've been reading other posts too, thank heavens that we have this group and each other for support. ❤️
  • TeamLeonie
    I’m not on social media , so that doesn’t help & I also live in a small town where I don’t know of anyone with a child with C.P . So with Leonie’s quest what’s going on I am getting a few people message me saying they know what I going through etc & some advice x it’s just difficult sometimes .
  • Roma_Fletcher
    I understand, bless you, I'm sure that sometimes you feel incredibly isolated. This is the right way to go though talking does help. ❤️
  • TeamLeonie
    edited April 2018
    I have a lot of feelings going on but it’s hard to pin point one thing at the moment . I’ve always kept things to myself but I’ve had to open up because I’m fighting for my Daughter & I’ve had to speak out x
  • JennysDad
    Hi Vicky, @TeamLeonie
    Just wondered if it might be worth your contacting these folks - Disabled Motoring UK - for advice (link) on your car issues.
    Best
    Richard
  • TeamLeonie
    Brilliant ! Thank you for that ! 
    Kind regards Vicky
  • TeamLeonie
    @JennysDad
    I have emailed them and explained the situation so I shall see what they say . 
    Thank you so much for your help x

Brightness