Arranging home help for mum? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Arranging home help for mum?

lisaa1968
lisaa1968 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Live near barrow in cumbria. I work full time and also spend a number of hours daily caring/looking after my mum. There are no ither family so it is me who manages mums household and finances shopping etc. I want to arrange for some at home care/ help for a few hours twice a week but could do with some recommendations if anyone has any please.  Thank you 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Lisa (?) @lisaa1968 and a warm - if rather late - welcome to the community. We've obviously been a bit short of bodies today.
    I can't find anything immediately relevant to help you with this but I'm relatively new here so I'm going to tag in a lady who knows a great deal and will be better abler to direct you. @PippaScope
    And, when you are ready, could you tell us a little more about your situation and about mum's condition? The better we can get to know you, the more easily we may be able to find ways to be of service to you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lisaa1968
    You can read more about getting a care needs assessment for your mum here, which is the first step in arranging care.

You can also contact AGE UK on 0800 055 6112 if it would help to chat with someone.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness