PIP help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP help?

Options
DE3
DE3 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone I was wondering if I could get some advice for my friend he is  dyslexic and suffers with severe  epilepsy since the age of 5 he is now 33years old, He recently got a home visit from  capita for his move over to pip, I will add this was his second interveiw within 6weeks both conducted at home they said they had to reinterveiw him, he was in receipt of  disability living allowance care component middle £57.30 plus mobility component component lower  £22.65 a week .He received notification which is now removed all of the above and is now in receipt of enhanced  mobility  only.  But refused standard living or enhanced living component, by two points reason given was he did not look anxious and know one was there with him at his home at time of interview. And has now lost   His daily care component  with the esa, we will ask for a  mandatory Reconsideration, when we receive the point sheet from pip, any advice please he would be grateful for. Thank you 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @DE3 and a warm welcome to you - and to your friend - to the community. 
    I'm not myself a benefits advisor so can't directly help you, but we have some excellent people here who will and who will be in touch with you just as soon as possible. Please bear with us and keep in touch.
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Roma_Fletcher
    Roma_Fletcher Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    Bless you, sometimes I wonder what on earth is wrong with DWP. Good luck with everything. Welcome to the group
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi I have just been treat the same I have temporal lobe epilepsy and this is not controlled.  I have lost all my pip. They said I wasfine which when I haven't had a seizure yes I can comunicate a walk and understand people who are talking to me. She went on how I did on that half an hour she saw me but when I have had a seizure I go from unconcious then I don't know where I am then I talk don't make sense and I don't understand others talking to me I can't stand at first let alone walk I passed all this with I have no problems I fact I scored nothing half the questions she didn't ask but has put not my words her own.  Some weeks I can have 20 seizures . Can't be exact every week is different sometimes more.EEpilepsy is really misunderstood I am now appealing with a MR letter this really is not right something really needs to be done about this. 
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    Tell them your experience.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmworpen/829/829.pdf 

All correspondence should be addressed to the Clerk of the Work and Pensions Committee, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. The telephone number for general enquiries is 020 7219 8976; the Committee’s email address is workpencom@parliament.uk.

Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/41936/capita-complaint#eobwJUVvWRSMD6xf.99
  • sleepy1
    Options
    Hi @Username_removed yes I do know that but we are still awaiting a response from the government so any extra information/evidence could be of value and should be passed on.
  • sleepy1
    Options
    Hi @mikehughescq, the fact that they have included contact details in the report suggests to me that they are still open to hearing further evidence, it would be up to them to decide what they actually do with it!

Who are DNS? 
  • sleepy1
    Options
    Mike I get your point the door may be closed now but IF as you say anything sent in will be acknowledged, surely anything sent to the DWP or assessment providers would also be sent to other parties and all comments would need to be considered.  Late or not.

After reading the debate what are your thoughts about the recommendations that have been proposed?

• sleepy1
    Options
    The evidence does appear to be enormous coming from everyone involved with disability so one would think the government would take notice.
    As a WRA what do you feel they fell short on?

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What’s a WRA please ?
  • sleepy1
    Options
    Welfare rights adviser 
  • sleepy1
    Options
    Who are the silent majority?  If they are so silent how do the committee know it is working for them?

More incredible how they have come up with statistics that are shown on the charts (page 43) that the amount of unacceptable reports has dropped from more than 50% to less than 10%.  There is a clear break in the chart which is explained in the small print below.that basically says (the way I read it) we have manipulated the statistics by altering how we decide to display them to make it look like there is nothing wrong with the system and we are doing a really good job

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.