Pip decision maker ,no medical knowledge .? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision maker ,no medical knowledge .?

Options
dottydotty
dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My recent   MR  was declined. According to the  DM one of the reasons for the decline  is that  "  I am not prescribed medication for mental health ."   I take 2  medications for mental health  , one being anti depressants . This is clearly recorded in my HP report ,and medication history .

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have a great video about going from MR to tribunal appeal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • dottydotty
    Options
    Thankyou for all the replies .   I sent all my meds prescription lists ,and wrote what each medication is prescribed for.  , also I  photo copied all paperwork I sent to  DWP  .. I  am  considering  a tribunal ,  I could use this as one of the reasons I disagree with  the  MR decision.   .
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi dottydotty

In what way do these medications prove that you deserve an award ?

Medication and medical evidenve will not win you an award. PIP is a test of "HOW" you function, medication and medical evidence only back up with the "WHY" you function as you do

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dottydotty
    Options
    Hi dottydotty

In what way do these medications prove that you deserve an award ?

Medication and medical evidenve will not win you an award. PIP is a test of "HOW" you function, medication and medical evidence only back up with the "WHY" you function as you do

CR
    Hello CockneyRebel   In my original decision letter it stated that "  although I have several conditions  there was no medical evidence to prove these conditions  therefor I am unable to  give you any award  " .   I was told to send  medical evidence with my MR .( all sent recorded delivery and all were receive signed for  )    , The MR letter says "although I have several conditions  I take no medication for my conditions ".  I just thought this was a contradiction .   and wondered if I should contact  DWP to enquire ?   .
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi DD

you can certainly try, I just wanted to make sure of the reason for doing so. It is a clear contradiction and the DWP can look at any new evidence that you send in and at least add it to your file

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dottydotty
    Options

CockneyRebel  Thankyou .  I appreciate you reasons for asking , I  will mention  this contradiction in my appeal letter .     Kind regards, DD.

. "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step "

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.