Appeal evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal evidence

Junop
Junop Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Do you need to send in new evidence with the SSCS1 appeal form, or can it be sent later?

We cannot even get a GP appointment within 3 weeks, let alone be referred on to relevant consultants for assessments to provide evidence for disabilities that the assessor did not observe during the face-to-face interview.

Comments

• duckett123
    duckett123 Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    its always in your interest to get new evidence together with any appeal you are doing but I put note into mine to say all new evidence will follow or take it with you as I did but the out come is always in there hands, make your list of mistakes they made and give your reasons as to where the assessor got it wrong.good luck
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You can submit more evidence up to 7 days before hearing date and even not more than 2 pages of A4 on the day.
  • Junop
    Junop Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks, that's really useful to know.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You do not need to submit anything other than your basic reasons for appeal with your SSCS1 it is often better to submit any evidence with your submission which you should complete after you receive the bundle of evidence later on

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.