I was receiving pip but after a review they stopped - any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was receiving pip but after a review they stopped - any advice?

Options
redmen1965
redmen1965 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been self employed for 20 years and after having tkr in both knees I was receiving pip but after a review they stopped my £88 a month. I have now contracted peripherel neuropathy in both feèt due to diabetes type 2. I haven't worked since July 13th 2017 and financially l am finding it hard . I have worked since l was 11 being unemployed for 9 months when l was 21 , l am now 63 and with a few more illnesses which l am waiting for appointments l am at an all time low . I have no idea what category l am in. Any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi redmen and welcome

When was your PIP stopped ?
    Did you ask for an MR and appeal ?
    There is no waiting time to make a new PIP application if appropriate

CRr
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • redmen1965
    Options
    It stopped on 14th March. My local jobcentre have told me to get back to them as they have me in the disability group. I have sent off recorded delivery to complain about my health conditions  not being properly recognised.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You have left it very late for an appeal the limit is 13 months
    If you can get advice from CAB asap it would be good
    otherwise a new claim should be made

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @redmen1965, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear this. As CR says, you could try Citizens Advice if you wanted to appeal the decision, or you may like to begin a new claim given your new circumstances. Do keep us updated and if we can be of any assistance, just let us know.
  • redmen1965
    Options
    Thank you . I have appealed and added additional  information  . I await  their reply.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.