HOPE - PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HOPE - PIP

sdoc94
sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
Hi all,

Just a quick post for anyone currently awaiting decisions on PIP.

Not all stories are bad - we rarely hear the good. I myself will own up that before my decision I was on this site every day posting and replying etc but when I got my award, I was off for a while.

I have decided to come back on regularly and make as much input as I can.

Anyway - if you are reading this and worrying about your decision, DO NOT. From my experience they aren't all bad, I had a pleasant and kind assessor at my face to face. I myself was sceptical that they could be acting nice but will lie on the report. She did not lie once.

I didn't send any medical evidence and was so worried they would not go searching for it themselves because a lot of posts on here made me think that - THEY DID. They went and retrieved all my medical records and spoke to all my doctors, surgeons etc. 

Just wanted to let everyone know that they aren't all bad - I got a fair decision and was very relieved when I opened my envelope.

I may have gotten lucky - but so can you.
Shady.

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi sdoc94.
    Great news very pleased for you.
       Debsidoo.x
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing, that's great news @sdoc94

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mayfair
    mayfair Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    @sdoc94 a good positive post, thanks for sharing 
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news sdoc and welcome back, your experiance will help others I am sure

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    This is so good to hear. I must admit I didn't have all the worries I have now before I joined this site. I don't blame the site at all as information is power.  But I was oblivious to all the negative stuff going on. Sometimes I wish I still was. I'm shocked, I'm angry and sometimes very confused when I read the posts on here. 
    The things people have had to endure and go through also makes me more worried for myself.  There are people here much more disabled than me and they are getting thrown off disability benefits, claims refused, tribunals appealed by dwp, lies by assessors, laws thst are confusing and terribe terrible treatment at assessments. Plus people who can't walk and or in wheelchairs having their car taken away. People too scared to appeal a low award because of what they went through to get it. Families broken, relationships breaking down, health deteriorating etc etc etc. It's so frightening and heartbreaking.  
    I didn't know any of this the first time around. I recently had a review for pip on 7th March.  I found this site because I had a distressing review. 
    I haven't had the decision yet. I have no idea how it will go. I'm assuming not good. So I'm glad I found this site and there will be help and support if I have to go to appeal, tribunal etc, because I tell you for sure that I will fight them all the way. If I could work I would. I loved working,  thrived on it. My life is **** now and I refuse to live in that kind of poverty again like I did before I qualified for disability benefits. 
    I'm so glad to hear that people do have straightforward and successful awards.  
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    I still think people should be aware of what some of these assessors are capable of. Only this morning was chatting with someone who told me a cousin with mental Heath problems had her benefit cut.  This family member lives with an elderly aunt who cares for her.  My friend mentioned he is really concerned about her , especially when the aunt passes away, as he  is convinced she will not be able to look after herself.  

I feel like Sandy pleased to have found this site, but do get low hearing what is happening to disabled people at the hands of assessors.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Thanks for all the replies.

I am in no way saying that what goes on here is negative, we need to hear all the horror stories and bad experiences.

But it is also good to remember to come back and share the positive as well.

Hope everyone's claims that are outstanding go well!
    Shady.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I am glad you posted good news

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.