Appealing the date of backdated payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing the date of backdated payments

emmajayne77
emmajayne77 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Won appeal but DWP say may be appealing tribunal decision.

Comments

• emmajayne77
    Hi... sorry if this is the wrong place to pop this , I am new to this site ...
    I have a son who has autism , he is nearly 6, I applied for mobility March 2016 , it was refused , I then applied again in 2017, was refused again, but I appealed ..was refused and then proceeded to tribunal , 
    On the morning of the tribunal 19th march 2018, I received a call saying I didn't have to attend that the decision had been over turned , I then received a letter from the courts stating my son had been awarded higher rate from March 2016 , amazing ...
    Yesterday I received a call stating they are putting some of the backdated money into the account this week but only back to October 2017, and are writing to the judge to request a reason why it's been backdated to march 2016 ...
    Has anyone any experience with an appeal of the date 

Thank you 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @emmajayne77, and welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. Many of our community members are knowledgeable about these kind of issues, so I wonder if @Username_removed could advise? 
  • emmajayne77
    Hi ... and thank you for the advice ...
    Will start my research for an lba ...
    Thank you again
  • emmajayne77
    Hi
    So I received a letter that the judge has changed the date to August 17 ... so I have now been advised to ask the judge for a statement of reasons ..  
    I contacted the tribunal services and we told they are only allowed to comment on point 1 ..which was the appeal is allowed, which apparently means it's gone in my favour ..???
    Welfare rights have said they can not help any further as it is now legal ..hmmm 
    Any advise would be appreciated..

Thank you  
  • emmajayne77
    Oh brill ...thats what I thought the procedure was ... 
    I don't think what they have done is illegal ,but feel it's a great way of getting out of paying a years worth of benefit 
    Going to give it a go and see where it gets me ...
    Thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.