W.i.l.f. Formally I.L.F. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

W.i.l.f. Formally I.L.F.

valebewick
valebewick Community member Posts: 2 Listener
IM NOT SURE REALLY, IF ANYONE HAS GONE THROUGH THIS.
ILF IS DISABLED PEOPLE LIVING INDEPENDLY OR LIVING AT HOME. It has changed to W.I.L.F.
MY DAUGHTER HAS 43 hrs of W.i.l.f. Per week plus two overnight stays. Now because of government cuts, outside social workers have been brought in to re asses situation with a view of cutting hours and saving money. 
Has anybody else come across this and how did they get off

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi valebewick and welcome

Thanks for joining us

Sorry you have got me on this one but one of our advisors or members will be able to help if you can bear with us for a bit

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • valebewick
    valebewick Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @valebewick, and welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry to hear about your situation- it must be a worrying time for you as a family. I wonder if @Angela_Scope or @Zoe_Scope could advise here?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 21 Listener

Hello @valebewick

The Welsh Independent Living Grant replaced the Independent Living Fund in Wales, as a temporary measure, until the end of March 2018.

By 31 March 2020 all people in receipt of WILG will get their support from local councils instead.

The key thing is to prepare supporting evidence before the assessment that highlights the risk to your daughters wellbeing if she is not provided with the correct level of support. Ask family, friends and any health professionals who know your daughter to write about what might happen is she loses the support she currently receives.

You can request a copy of the assessment questions in advance of the visit from the social workers so you both know what to expect.

As they say knowledge is power so it would also be a good idea to familiarise your-self with the Social Services and Wellbeing Act 2014 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/anaw/2014/4/pdfs/anaw_20140004_en.pdf , in particular Part 3 Assessing needs and  Part 4 meeting needs.

Also see the Codes of practice and statutory guidance which gives further detail about eligibility criteria https://socialcare.wales/hub/sswbact-codes

If you email your daughters postcode to helpline@scope.org.uk I will have a look to see if there are any local organisations that may be able to help with further advice. Or  I can call you for a chat to find out a bit more about the situation and to give you further information.

Zoe

Scope helpline

Brightness