Thankyou to all who have assisted me , with my Tribunal Appeal Request — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thankyou to all who have assisted me , with my Tribunal Appeal Request

dottydotty
dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
Have just completed the online form for a Pip Appeal request . .it only took me 3 hrs 46 mins .:*     Have to say a huge thankyou to all who have answered  my numerous  questions . I realise I am only at the beginning of a long journey but what a relief to get the ball rolling .  
 Time for bed said Zebedee . 

Comments

• charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Well done dotty, all the best.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Best of luck hope you win
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done DD

We will still be hear to support you
    Are you clear about what happens next ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done! Glad to hear you have had support and help from our lovely community! Let us know how you get on :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Good Luck.... We all need to support each other who are going through this.X
  • dottydotty

Thankyou each and every one of you .  I think I covered every issue in my submission . I was also advised to reapply for PIP so that will be my next course of action .  Just been reading an interested article ; This is an extract from it ;

The DWP have also admitted that they are still making unlawful decisions on new claims and refusing PIP mobility to people who are entitled to it. Their excuse is that they have not yet had the time to update guidance to health professionals and decision makers in relation to PIP mobility and psychological distress

• charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    To true Ritzy and the only ones who understand the pain and daily struggle are others who are in the same boat.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • dottydotty
    Well done DD

We will still be hear to support you
    Are you clear about what happens next ?

CR

Ah that is a very good question ,   the answer is no,   but I  can check my progress online  , so that will be a bonus . I think . 

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @dottydotty,

glad youv got that part over with.

i didn’t realise you could do this online, is that rolled out country wide?
  • dottydotty
    susan48    I am in the Midlands  , you had to put your postcode in to check if you were eligible to apply on line / 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks dotty, 

i just wondered and good luck 
  • CockneyRebel
    edited April 2018
    Hi DD

Fill in all sections of the form, at this stage you do not need to go into great detail, just the basic reasons for your appeal are sufficient.
    This you have now done :)

You will then receive an acceptance letter from the tribunal

CR
  • dottydotty
    Think I put too much detail , but  wanted to get it written down while my brain was still in gear .
  • CockneyRebel
    That is not a problem, when you receive the bundle is normally the time to do your submission, but we can use that to check you have included everything, for now you should forget about that and start your new claim

CR
  • dottydotty
    How did you get onto this online form
    i live in the midlands.
    i sent my MR in last Friday but I’m considering on doing it online as well to speed things up
    i went on the GOV UK  website to download a form , that's when I found this .. I scrolled down past all the forms and came to a section headed DETAILS .

Appeal a PIP decision online

If you live in the Midlands (including Birmingham) you can appeal a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) decision online

• dottydotty
    How did you get onto this online form
    i live in the midlands.
    i sent my MR in last Friday but I’m considering on doing it online as well to speed things up
    i went on the GOV UK  website to download a form , that's when I found this .. I scrolled down past all the forms and came to a section headed DETAILS .

Appeal a PIP decision online

If you live in the Midlands (including Birmingham) you can appeal a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) decision online

• dottydotty

CockneyRebel  Thankyou .   Have just been on the phone and requested the application form  ,   

. best wishes DD .  

• dottydotty
    Does this mean that we won’t have to actually go to the tribuneral hearing.?
    thats a good thing for people who can’t get out.
    however I’m not sure I would like somebody deciding my future without being able to answe their questions
    I understand it to be just the application to request a tribunal .  and to input the information as against having to download the form fill it in post it etc ..   The process then reverts  to satandard way of doing things , receive paper bundle , and  then wait to hear what is next .on the agenda .
  • dottydotty

SPEEDY  RESULT!     . Received brown envelope today .  My Pip  award has been reinstated (. plus back payments ,)  and will run until 2022. .    No need for appeal . such a relief . and all done within a week of lodging my appeal online .    I cannot thank you enough.     "OH HAPPY DAY ".   Best wishes DD

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.