F2F for ESA 12 months after last one — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

F2F for ESA 12 months after last one

Options
clarzier
clarzier Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
I have been on IB since 2003, transferred to ESA support group in 2012 and had my 1st F2F assessment in March 2017 where I was found to "meet the criteria for Limited Capability for work or Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity" I was diagnosed within the report with severe functional disability in continence and suggested to be review in medium term but here I am again having another F2F. I've had a very bad experience with PIP and lost my PIP due to what the advisor said and now I'm frightened I am going to lose this too. I've also read that some people are exempt due to their conditions. I've been like this since 2003 and it's never going to get better. I've contacted DWP and they've said I must attend.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can be re-assessed for ESA at anytime. They did change the rules for ESA sometime last year for those with long term health conditions for some people already in the Support Group. This means that some people won't be assessed again after their next assessment but this won't apply to everyone.

You must attend that assessment otherwise you will be found fit for work for failing to attend. Did you fill in an ESA50 form at any time recently?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clarzier
    Options
    Yes I did i had my PIP and ESA forms at the same time. My last report suggested a review in medium term I personally wouldn't have thought medium was less than 12 months after the last F2F. I've usually had 2/3 yearly reviews. I had a bad experience with my PIP assessor who told lots of pies and I'm dreading this again
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi clarzier

Have you challenge your PIP decision ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • clarzier
    Options
    Yes straight away as soon as I read the report. Made formal complaint to CAPITA and DWP. Im just awaiting the decision
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Clazier

You can read about the "severe conditions" criteria in the healthcare professionala' guidance.  

As you 'll see, you have to have another assessment after the changes were announced last autumn, to allow the assessment company to agree that you don't need to have another assessment.   

There's also no right to appeal any decision not to put you in the severe conditions category, but the assessors should re-check this on any subsequent occasions. 

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/sites/default/files/pdf/Severeconditionsguidance.pdf

Good luck. 

Gill_Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.