CP - I would love to be part of the work with me scheme — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CP - I would love to be part of the work with me scheme

Chrissieh
Chrissieh Scope Member Posts: 8 Listener
edited April 2018 in Work and employment

I have lived with CP since birth, I am a qualified counsellor who uses my experiences of living with a disability to help others. I would love to be part of the work with me scheme helping others overcome their barriers to finding and keeping employment.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Chrissieh and a warm welcome to the community. I'm only a volunteer here, so cannot say a lot in response to your comment, but others who know more will be along to chat with you as soon as possible.
    Really good to hear from you,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • amay9833
    amay9833 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi @Chrissieh :) I also have CP.  Mine is in my hips, which effects my gate & mobility as well as balance. I spend most my time in the gym at the minute strength training, yoga activity and balance training.

How did you become a counceller? I myself love to motivate others and help who I can. 

I'd love to chat with you sometime as I'm struggling to find the right job for me having got a physical disability too. 

Anastasia
  • Chrissieh

Hi Anastasia

I studied counselling for three years at college on a part time basis, I also worked voluntarily for two charities, cruse bereavement care and Mosaic disability service giving counselling one to one to people in their homes, as not everyone can get to an office, I have 300+ hours experience and am lucky enough to have become an associate at an counselling agency that has been established for 10years. I am now looking for opportunities to use my experience both personal and professional to help others get the life they desire.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    There is some information here about Work with Me and how you can get involved.

If you have a story to tell then you can get in touch with the team.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chrissieh

Hi Sam is there any local places where I can get more info on this scheme

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Chrissieh
    You can speak to the Support to Work team about more information on getting into work :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • amay9833
    amay9833 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi @Chrissieh I'm so sorry for the late reply! I have been unwell. not really having the best year so far but got to try and find some positivity!

Do you think volunteering myself is a good idea? I'd also like to help people alike myself with disability feel better about themselves and overcome the obstacles of life. would you fancy meeting up in person?

I'd love the opportunity to meet someone else with cp to share life storys and make a friend/someone who understands cp and the daily struggles.

Kind Regards,

Ana 
  • Chrissieh
    edited September 2018
    HI Ana
    If you want to email me privately on [personal information removed by moderator] we can have a chat, i don't want to put private info like where we live on here .
    thanks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Chrissieh and @amay9833, it is great that you want to connect and it is understandable that you don't want personal information on the community. You're not allowed to give out emails so I have removed this from the post. However, you can use the private message function on the community to share this information. I hope this all makes sense and good luck with this!
    Scope

Brightness