Esa revised award — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa revised award

Options
lolaboots
lolaboots Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi all,
I received my MR notice on the 29th March-upheld in my favour and telling me i would be sent a separate letter with details of my revised award.
What with DWP's left hand not knowing what the right is doing,i wondered if anyone could shed some light on how long i may have to wait for this magical award notice?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi lolaboots

This is good news then, as far as it goes!  Well done, you must have done a good job with your mandatory reconsideration letter or phone call. (only about one in five is altered at this stage, both ESA and PIP). 

Regarding how long it will take to get the payment, as you know, the DWP can take a long time to process claims, and this is unlikely to be different. I think that I would phone the ESA processing site and ask them to estimate how long you will be waiting, emphasising that you don't have another income, if you don't. 

(I'm thinking two to three weeks would be a likely processing time for most things, but other people may be able to tell you more about this).

Good luck, I hope you get paid soon. 

Gill_Scope

• lolaboots
    Options
    Last week i was told the 10th but there was no payment today so i rang them this morning,The woman told me that 'she had no idea' why i'd been told that,there was nothing in the system and she would have to pass it to my local job centre.She was 'very sorry' to tell me that a call back from the job centre could take up to 48 hours but she would mark it as high priority.
    This afternoon,i rang again to ask if the revised award letter had been sent out.No,it hadn't and what's more,the woman from this morning hadn't even done a hand over with the job centre as promised!
    So if i hadn't rung again,there would have been no call back,no way for the job centre to know they needed to do whatever they need to do so i get some money(you were right,i don't have any other income,i've had £50 from the DAF since the middle of February,bless them!)
    The end result is,i still have no idea when i am likely to get a payment,no revised award notice has been sent despite me getting the MR notice a fortnight ago,,,they really are a shower of sh**e!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Lolaboots

Payment issue are so stressful. Are you going to phone every day until something gets done then now? 

If getting this payment is still protracted now, you might ask your MP for their intervention, although this really should not take an age to get sorted out. It's more usually decision making that takes time, and that is already done. 

Again, good luck.

Gill_Scope

• lolaboots
    Options
    There isn't any point ringing them again,they can do nothing so they say,it has to come from my local job centre(who still haven't called me back.)I'm going to pop to CAB tomorrow if i've still not heard anything.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good idea. I wasn't aware that local jobcentres are responsible for making benefit payments following a mandatory reconsideration, but if they are, then they would be the people to speak to. 

Gill_Scope
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • lolaboots
    Options
    That's what i've been told at least.I don't know if they would deal with me,there isn't a phone number for the centre itself,just an 0843 that they all share.But who knows,it might be worth trying.
    Thank you @debbiedo49 x
  • lolaboots
    Options
    Called dwp this morning,i was told the job centre were down to call me back this morning.It's now past 1pm and no call.Plus it's now too late to go to cab,i'm at the end of my tether.
  • lolaboots
    Options
    How right you were @Gill_Scope.Another call to dwp yesterday afternoon,another call back the job centre failed to make.Another call to dwp at 8 this morning and woah,an hour later my local job centre were on the phone asking how they could help.
    Turns out,all those people were putting call back requests into my local job centre when they should have been giving them to the nearest benefits office,two totally different things.
    You'll never guess what?I've been told to expect a call back from the benefits office by 12...
  • lolaboots
    Options
    It must make a difference then i suppose @lillybelle,if you didn't quite reach the stage i got to x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.