ESA tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA tribunal

LostInLimbo
LostInLimbo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I asked for a paper hearing and all evidence has now been submittted to the courts from the DWP a nice 169 page bulkness. I don’t like my chances of winning. Included in the 169 pages is some of my evidence but other than a doctors letter saying how long I had depression and anxiety for and test scores to show how high they were it doesn’t really help much. I have no other medical evidence, and any other evidence i have submitted is just my words trying my best to question and argue what was wrote at the assessment. I wanted to know if the worst does happen and i lose the tribunal what can i do next would I be forced onto jobseekers or could i reapply for employment and support allowance or wouldn’t that be allowed. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are unsuccessful

You should ask for an SoR and record of proceedings, then get trained advice to see if an error in law is present. If there is you can then apply to the UTT

You can only re apply for ESA if you have a new or significantly worstened condition

You should check to see the status of UC in your area

Subject to this you may have to apply for JSA or UC

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Please can someone explain what all of the abbreviations are tia
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry

SoR  - Statement of Reason
    UTT   - Upper Tier Tribunal
    ESA  - Employment and Support Allowance
    UC  - Universal Credit
    JSA  - Job Seekers Allowance

CR  - CockneyRebel :)
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • LostInLimbo
    LostInLimbo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I can’t see me trying to go against the courts if it comes to that, and ideally i would like to reapply for ESA but guess that won’t be possible even though have had these mental health conditions 17 plus years. I guess i will have to wait and see what the outcome is first. 
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Ty @CockneyRebel
    for abbreviations you're always v helpful :-D

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.