Fibromyalgia and tendonitis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia and tendonitis

toni1979
toni1979 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Does anyone with fibromyalgia have on going tendonitis? If so have you had surgery to help?

Thanks 
Toni x

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @toni1979!

Has your doctor discussed the surgery with you?
  • toni1979
    No, I went back to see her today as I'm in so much pain and can barely walk. My calves are so tight and incredible tender left ankle. She is making an urgent referral to my msk clinic and requested an mri
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you had other treatments and did they fail? I asking because I’ve looked at my own type which is plantar fasciitis and I have fibro. My calves are also very tight most of the time and I have restless legs and I wondered if this is common in fibro? I’ve been advised to get a physio referral. But I know how painful that type of thing can be. My g p wasn’t very helpful. Good luck
  • toni1979
    @debbiedo49 yes I am also suffering with planter fasciitis in both feet. I had 2 physio sessions and she sent me to an extended scope practitioner as I was so bad and in an incredible amount of pain. He was the one who examined me and wrote a report and referral to a rheumatologist. He has NOT been very helpful and diagnosed fibromyalgia after 18 mths of pain and discomfort everywhere! He will see me in 2 months time
  • debbiedo49
    Do you think it’s related to fibro?im in agony with my plantar and I am not convinced my g p is taking it seriously . Any tips on helping it?
  • toni1979
    @debbiedo49 we are more at risk of developing it when I read up about it as it's to do with fibrous tissue and muscular related. My gp hasn't been great and wondering if a podiatrist would be better x
  • debbiedo49
  • toni1979
    @debbiedo49 just a quick update... I went to a&e in the end as my foot and ankle pain became unbearable; after an xray it turns out I actually have a stress fracture in my foot due to the tightening of my muscles/tendons! It's at least 6 mths old!!!!  Now in a cast and on crutches and have an mri booked for the 18th May as it also showed fluid in and around all the joints in my toes so my message to anyone that just knows their body and knows something's not right to persevere with doctors as they don't always know what's going on in your body! Hope you're feeling better x
  • debbiedo49
    Omg thats awful! Hope you are okay! Yes the pain im getting is almost unbearable after short bouts on my foot. I have these hard lumpy bits near some of my joints which seemed to appear with the fibro.

Brightness