GP refused to give evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

GP refused to give evidence

Jurph
Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning all.

Some may remember that my Occupational therapist refused to supply evidence when I asked her a couple of weeks ago.

Now my new GP has done the same! She claimed she can't write a letter but could respond if the DWP contacted her!

What am I meant to do? I have absolutely no evidence to support my claim now.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Jurph
    I think you may have to put this in writing to DWP and ask them to contact your GP and O.T.Send signed for and keep copies.
    This way if it comes down to MR or Tribunal you can produce this as evidence as to why there is no confirmation from GP.This will leave you able to argue the assessment was incorrect as they didn’t have all the facts.
    DWP should contact GP if you request it.
        Debsidoo.x
  • Jurph
    Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately, I'm now collecting this evidence for the tribunal. The DWP has not contacted my GP at any stage of the process.
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Do any of your friends or family see you all the time? If so you can get one of them to write a letter and state how your illness affects you. 
    It will help you good luck.
  • shazier
    shazier Community member Posts: 82 Pioneering
    Hi Jurph.
    The DWP or HCP rarely ask for medical evidence
    I was given advice on this to, from a member mikehughescq which is very good advice.   i have copied and pasted for you what advised i was given on this as his wording is so much better than mine..... sure he wont mind me passing this on.

Try keeping a diary for a week or month.This will give you the best evidence you can have, PIP is concerned with "HOW " you are affected, medical evidence can only help with the "WHY"

Anecdotal evidence in the form of testimonials should also add as much weight to your claim as medical evidence.

Why is a testamonial different to a letter ?

So their letters must include their name and address, they need to explain their relation to the claimant and how often they see them.

Then they need to explain anything they see the claimant do or not do in regard to the relevant benefits activities and any other comments that they have.

Lastly they need to attest that the information that they have provided is correct to the best of their ability.
    Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/42314/pip-review-coming-up-in-june#6KTk0bx6mOKYjdTq.99

shaz
  • Jurph
    Yes, I've got my mum and my neighbour to write letters.

I've only then got a mental health report and a diagnosis letter from a consultant rheumatologist (who discharged me back to the GP for management)
  • Jurph
    Thank you @shazier

I'll make sure the letters meet the criteria.

I keep a diary and have done for a while - long before I even applied for PIP.

Once I get my bundle, it'll all go in.
  • shazier
    shazier Community member Posts: 82 Pioneering
    Jurph
    there are a lot of members on here that will help you with far more experienced than me.
    I haven't been a member for very long but everyone has been so kind and helpful.
    Don't be afraid to ask for help and take a look around the site, there is a lot of good advice and helpful information.
    try not to stress over it, easier said than done I know... I'm a terrible stress head and suffer from severe anxiety.
    my pip review is due in June and i am absolutely dreading it and find it extremely difficult putting into words how my conditions affect me.
    we are here to help

• Jurph
    I don't have any evidence to support the descriptors. That's the problem I'm having.

The occupational therapist had a couple of handrails installed in my bathroom and suggested the landlord put in a shower.

That's all I have from her.

My rheumatologist made the diagnosis and discharged me back to GP so nothing there.

I have a mental health assessment report and it refers me for CBT. I haven't started that yet.

I haven't seen any other professionals. I was relying on GP for the bulk.
  • Jurph
    Thanks @Username_removed

I've done just that. My grounds for appeal included specific incidents. I'll be redoing it for the submission too.

My diagnosis isn't questioned but the assessor clearly thought the symptoms didn't exist - I didn't score a single point!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.