Holiday accommodation in or near Carlisle that has track hoists or mobile hoist — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Holiday accommodation in or near Carlisle that has track hoists or mobile hoist

Options
kentowin
kentowin Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone my name is Ken.I hope this is the right place to be for advice as I have tried all other avenues without success.I have m/s and need specific aids if I want a holiday.I am hoping that someone out there knows of any holiday accommodation in or near Carlisle that has track hoists or mobile hoist as I need these to transfer to bed toilet or shower.We are booked for Jane Mcdonald concert in July and are hoping to stay overnight.P/S any other destinations would be appreciated.Thank you.Ken.

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome and good luck
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Ken @kentowin and a warm welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us.
    Surprisingly, we don't seem to get many enquiries like this, but bear with us and we will see what our members come up with. @Sam_Scope: any ideas on this one?
    I have found a service set up by disabled people for disabled people which tries to enable holiday 'house swaps'. They're at http://www.matchinghouses.com/  And it might be an idea, if you have not done so, to look at the MS Society at https://www.mssociety.org.uk/ to see if they can inquire among members.
    Hope we manage to help you sort something out.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Ken

I live in the Carlisle area and suggest you contact Carlisle Tourist Information Centre, tel: 01228 598596.

They are very friendly and helpful.

You could also try Cumbris Park Hotel on tel: 01228 522 887, this is a family owned hotel and again are very helpful.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Enjoy your stay in "The Great Border City".

Best wishes
    Atlas46

Brightness