PIP appeal and ESA ending — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal and ESA ending

Options
whippo
whippo Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have grand mall epilepsy and have done for a long time now. I also have very bad memory problems due to the medication I'm taking I'm taking. I also have angina a bad back. ibs. Joint pain in my knees and depression since my wife wife passed away away last year. Now to top it all my Esa ends in may and iv also got an appeal going in for pip. Which I'm wing to hear about my mandatory reconsideration. Which will problem go to court. Can anyone give me any help on this matter pleasee.  Thank you for adding me also.. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi whippo and welcome

Have you received a review letter for ESA ?

When did you ask for PIP MR ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whippo
    whippo Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I did not ask for pip it automaticly went to pip from dla and esa I just got put onto that in 2017 from another benifit I received. To tell you the truth I don't even know what I was on or getting as my wide used tort it all out as she was my carer. Unfortunate she passed away in July 2017 aged 45 I'm sorry I can't be off any more help
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi you’d maybe best to take all your letters to CAB 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    whippo said:
    I did not ask for pip it automaticly went to pip from dla and esa I just got put onto that in 2017 from another benifit I received. To tell you the truth I don't even know what I was on or getting as my wide used tort it all out as she was my carer. Unfortunate she passed away in July 2017 aged 45 I'm sorry I can't be off any more help
    Ah ok
    I think you were on IB ( incapacity benefit ) which then changed to ESA
    ( employment and support allowance ) This is normally an open ended benefit but with reviews at intervals, Have you had a letter to attend an assessment ?

DLA became PIP ( personal independant payment )
    You have recently had an assessment for this and a decision letter which you have requested a Mandatory reconsideration, which you are waiting to hear the result

Can you confirm whether I have got it right so far ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.