Scooters — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scooters

Narhar
Narhar Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi there my name is Narahar
and I'm new to this site 
Can anybody give me  
advice about mobility scooters.
I've tried hiring a boot scooter and found it very heavy to pack in the car
 I'm looking for something that can do abit of mileage so I don't av to mess about .It would be nice if could go in a boot.
If I go to a park that's uneven Cope with it 
Then I've seen the Quingo which loads it's self...very pricey I've looked at second hand they seem in good condition
I'm wondering if it's possible to use ramps with other scooters . Are ramps heavy. Totally confused I'm trying to get out and about
I tried to vist the park near me The scoot I hired was too low.  I hope you can help 

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @Narhar, welcome to the community!

I've found a website that gives some information about the different types of mobility scooters, and they also have a search function that can help you to find scooters that suit what you need. I hope this helps!

I think that the weight of ramps varies depending on their length and type/material - it might be best to have a look at some mobility sales sites to see if they would be a weight you're comfortable with.

Hopefully some of our other members will be able to comment soon with their experiences :)
  • Narhar
    Narhar Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hello Lasian nice to meet you 
    thanks for your post. I will follow the information up.
    Hopefully I can find myself a fitting chariot. Cheers 
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

Hi @Narhar......I was having the same problems in getting my 75kg boot scooter split down and loaded into and out of the car.  When it came time to change my Motability car I went for a small MPV with a hoist fitted......no more lifting!!    Only drawback is the 10 mile scooter range but I'll have to live with that unless there's a battery upgrade available.

Check out the Motability and the RICA websites and you should find something to suit.     Good hunting.  

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

Brightness