I have chronic 24/7 migraines and chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have chronic 24/7 migraines and chronic pain

beccam279
beccam279 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello, I have just found this website/community and am looking forward to discovering how this can hopefully help! I have chronic 24/7 migraines, chronic pain and a list of over 2 dozen symptoms that are currently being investigated by hoards of doctors, hopefully after 3 years there might be a diagnoses to this hellish life! I am still in education, but am having to next year complete my studies part time due to my disabling conditions, and after spending a week in hospital 3 weeks before exams I think my health should be at the forefront of my mind just now! Hopefully I can find some advice on here and see other peoples experiences. 
Thanks Becky 

Comments

• sunflower
    sunflower Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Hi Becky, I posted on here last night as I have chronic migraine and have just gone down to half pay after being off work for 6 months already. I posted for the same reason as you and although right now I can't offer advice,  all I can say is "I hear you sister"
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beccam279 @sunflower

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I have had “chronic pain “ since 2005.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you both with????

I can also help you both around our website as we have got lots of info & advice “ready & waiting”

• beccam279
    @sunflower I had a read of your post its just awful, I can only say the same back to you as I think we all just have to stick together when there seems no end in sight. I have finally received the letter for my next neuro appointment next month and can only hope it gets me somewhere, hopefully with the support of here and your GP you will hopefully be a better step along the road in 6 months, have the only treatments so far been medication or has anything else been done? (if your happy to talk about it of course!)

• beccam279
    @steve51 Hello, thanks for your welcome, sadly as you have had so much experience I will definitely ask you if I think of anything once I have had a look! 

• sunflower
    I have had migraines for over 20 years but only in the last 18 months have they become more frequent until now they are 3 or 4 a week. I have tried various drugs in the past. In October the neurologist started me on a drugs plan which upped the dosage every 3 weeks. So my go saw me, assessed how I was doing and we decided whether to stay with that drug or move to next one. Had 3 drugs to try. Has taken this long to give each drug long enough of a chance to work before trying next one.  In the past have tried acupuncture, been to a chiropractor, looked at diet, exercise etc. My GPS sent letter to neurologist on 21st March marked urgent, heard nothing yet. 
    In the morning I'm going to have a look around this site for some tips on dealing with neck and shoulder pain from constant headaches.
  • steve51
    Hi @beccam279

Many thanks, yes I would love to help/support you with.

I will be “ready & waiting” for you so don’t worry about the “timing”
  • beccam279
    @sunflower that story sounds so similar to mine, I have tried so many treatments such as acupuncture without any luck, seeing a different neuro this time so hopefully there will be some new ideas to put on the table. Hopefully the  appointment  letter comes through this week at some point. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • sunflower
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Becky @beccam279, and a warm welcome to you. Glad you managed to find us.
    I did a quick search on chronic migraines and found a post from January which looks interesting. I'm going to tag in some of the people who commented on it, in the hope that they may have something helpful to say to you: @loubielou47, @juals, @Nystagmite and @PippaScope.
    The post contains a reference to a possibly useful website called "The Daily Migraine" though I'm not absolutely sure it's still current. Might be worth a look. And our 'Dealing with chronic pain" thread seems to be the 'one' for migraine sufferers; just click here to access it.
    Hope some of that proves useful :smile:
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Here and listening,
    Richard
  • beccam279
    @JennysDad Hello, that is great thank you very much I will check out those posts just now and will definitely have a look at the chronic pain forum. Very glad to have found this website it is exactly what I needed I think! 
    Thank you Becky 
  • steve51
    Hi @beccam279

Yes please let me know if I can help you around our site /community.

If there is any thing else that I can help /support you with please let me know ???

Brightness