The Tribunal merry-go-round — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The Tribunal merry-go-round

Options
CockneyRebel
CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
So you get called for assessment and have a f2f
The result is not what you deserved so the next step is to ask for an MR
The MR eventually takes place and you still haven't been awarded what you deserve
Onwards to appeal to the Independant tribunal.
The panel find in your favour and give you the award you deserve

All of this can easily take a year to complete, This is a year out of your award length!!

As the DWP review most claims a year before the end date you could be due for a review now or in the next few months

There are two types of review. One is the short AR1 form or you might be sent the full PIP2 form.

There are increasing occurances when, having won at tribunal you will be sent the full PIP2 form again.

If this happens to you, it is important to include the tribunal decision when submitting your evidence.

This might help to stop the merry-go-round of F2F, MR, Appeal. Next review F2F, MR, Appeal and so on

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Comments

• GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Options
    I think you are so right CR
    We are all just pawns in the game between the DWP and the tribunal courts 
    The DWP lost the last round ,and have possibly issude directives to assessors to downgrade everyone kick-starting the merry-go-round and inundate the tribunals.
    Mine starts monday morning 
    Gizmo
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @CockneyRebel

well said and so true.

regardless of the time gap I intended to put my tribunal letter in with review etc.

whether it’s read or not, at least I’d know I had sent it in.

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi CR, I am away and on holiday so try to stay in contact. Gizmo could be right, once your claim has been lowered or rejected it takes a lot of effort and determination to go forward with appeals, tribunals ect. And DWP hoping that the process will deter us from being persistent and proactive in pursuing our rightful awards. What would we do without your knowledge and advice CR.keep it coming.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

If this happens to you, it is important to include the tribunal decision when submitting your evidence.

This might help to stop the merry-go-round of F2F, MR, Appeal. Next review F2F, MR, Appeal and so on

CR

Hi and I don't doubt that you are right but using the Tribunal decision as evidence for a review maybe some three years or more later not really relevant?

Winning at a Tribunal can be up to year after the MR decision was made. The time lag from when the original decision was made to hearing of the MR decision could be another few months. So in effect the Tribunal decision received today probably represented the difficulties that existed as at 15 months ago. Add another couple of years as to when the next review is carried out the Tribunal decision would be well be over three years out of date.
    Also I see on the review forms that the DWP do not want to see any evidence that is more than 24 months old.
    Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The DWP will look at your previous award when doing a review, a tribunal decision may not be included in your file.

Many people with long term conditions don't have up to date evidence, it is your claim so send what you think is relevant no matter how old it is

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    My assessor used my last assessment report as evidence in my current assessment report. However, I'd had a tribunal overturn that report, and received a lot more points. The DWP sent me my appeal bundle with the tribunal decision in it, so clearly they had it....
  • chrisvanf
    chrisvanf Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks for the good info CR
    Edited, re-edited, bits added, bits taken out spellchecked then edited again, 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.