Lost my tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost my tribunal

Options
lixsharp13
lixsharp13 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone 
I had my tribunal today and lost. But my health has deteriated since my assesment in april last year. Can anyone help me what to do next? Thanks in advance

Comments

• missm
    missm Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    so sorry to hear this  
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Was this for PIP or ESA ?

you should ask for a statement of reason and record of proceedings from the judge.
    You will then need trained advice to identify an error in law in which to take your claim to the UTT
    This all takes time so If it is for PIP you should start a new claim straight away as there is no waiting time

CR .
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So sorry to hear this, @lixsharp13. As CR says, do consider asking for a statement of reasons and acting upon this. In the meantime, it may be wise to begin a new PIP application.
  • lixsharp13
    lixsharp13 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    Hi lillybelle. I had a f2f assesment last April and was awarded standard rate for both pip componments. I went to the Tribunal last week to appeal for the enhanced rates and after being bullied interrogated and left in tears I lost my appeal. However the judge did say it is clear my needs are now greater than at the time of assesment a year ago. I think the demeaning way you get treated at Tribunal is an outrage for people who are already ill. 
    Liz

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.