Doctors letter, mobility directors — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Doctors letter, mobility directors

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
Sure I have seen mobility directors on here before now.  Can anyone let me know them so I can print them of, as I have made an appointment with my doctor for Thursday.  Thanks.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Mobility activities
    11. Planning and following journeys.
    11 a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points
    11 b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points
    11 c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points
    11 d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points
    11 e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points
    11 f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points
    12. Moving around.
    12 a. Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 0 points
    12 b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points
    12 c. Can stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 8 points
    12 d. Can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 10 points
    12 e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points
    12 f. Cannot, either aided or unaided, �(i) stand; or (ii) move more than 1 metre. 12 points

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • charlene
    Thanks CR you are a star.  Is there any point of law which goes with this, safety etc.  Thanks
  • CockneyRebel
    Yes The reliabiliy factors should always be used

Safely
    repeatedly
    to an accepable standard
    and in a timely manner

CR
  • charlene
    Ah, that is it thank you.  Not feeling to good feeling really weepy.  Gave myself a good shaking, and went to my doctors surgery as new appointments are released Tuesday at 8.30 am. Determine to do all in my power to get my mobility reinstated, but the pressure is getting to me.  
  • CockneyRebel
    If there is anything i can do please let me know

CR
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @charlene
    so glad your seeing the doctor. Try not worry too much.

Please let me know how it goes
  • charlene
    Hello Susan, managed to get an appointment to see doctor Thursday.  If she can back me on my motobility it can only be good.
  • charlene
    Hiya, seen the doctor and it was a fruitful appointment.  Doctor said she will write a letter explaining what she has witnessed, my poor walking. Also mentioned a visit to hospital for X-rays which showed a substantial change etc etc.  Think the letter should help, and it will only cost £24.00, which I think is a good price.
  • susan48
    @charlene
    that’s great news, your gp is helping you greatly.

£24 is nothing in financial cost opposed to your mental health.

keep me posted please x
  • charlene
    Hi Susan, it is only yesterday and today I have started to feel anywhere near normal.  I have also been on line concerning my car insurance and am amazed from that first quote of £1,3??.89p I have a quote from Sheilas Wheels and Esure  for approx. £480.00.  LOL that is more like it! 
  • susan48
    @charlene
    glad the doctor went ok.
    hope your a bit better today.
    great news about the car insurance, patience has paid off, hopefully you find a car soon.
    at least if you buy a car it will be yours until you decide otherwise, nobody can take it away from you x
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi charlene

Sounds like you are taking control now :)
    Still worth trying ALL the comparison sites for insurance

CR
  • charlene

CR, I have tried Go Compare on line and rang I think Ensure, the lady at mobility mentioned them and also said they were something to do with the insurance company who insured the mobility cars!  Marvellous that they have up-to-date been the most costly.

I will certainly keep looking at other comparison sites, thanks for the advice:)

• charlene
    Hi Susan, yes my mental health took quiet a battering.  Both my depression and anxiety went to severe and my therapist was very concerned, bless her.  She to has written a letter for DWP MR and Tribunal if necessary, and it arrived in the post the following day.  She said the minute I left her room, she typed it up.  There are some lovely people around, just unfortunately at time some horrors step into our lives, with quiet devastating  effect.

Brightness