Hi, my name is London_Girl! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is London_Girl!

London_Girl
London_Girl Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Before i seem cheeky and barge in with a question i just thought i'd say hi and hope everyone has managed to enjoy the little bit of good weather we've had. Really hope this summer is different for a change as i know for me with my illness the warmth and sun can help me slightly. If not with pain with mood for sure :-). Now I've posted this i will follow on with a question lol. 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @London_Girl and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I'm a London 'boy', but rather an old one, and love our city very much.
    I've had a lot of pleasure from the spell of summery weather, but I'm a very, very lucky human being. I hope it has helped you.
    Things are often a bit quiet, this late on a Sunday evening/Monday morning, but bear with us and other members will be here to chat with you very soon. In the meantime, please ask that question/those questions. We're here to help and can't wait to get to know you better.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • London_Girl
    Many thanks @JennysDad for your quick reply. I wasn't expecting any at this time. It's just that one of my symptoms is insomnia which I find infuriating as one I love my sleep but also I suffer from chronic fatigue so no sleep alongside that affects my memory so sometimes night time is when I come out my shell. Thank goodness for technology and sites like these. I'm 48 and things have changed so quickly it's hard to keep up but I know enough to get by and that's what matters .How did we cope before we had all this information about everything you could want and all these support groups .Anyway I did ask my question thanks and I'm not in any rush for replies. But it'll be good to get to know a few of you on here and be of support if I can. So thanks again Richard .

Henrietta :-)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @London_Girl
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Hi London girl, my name is Neil and like yourself suffer from insomnia but sometimes at night i turn off my phone and just lie there on my bed hoping for the big sleep, as you know this is a big ask. So tell me ( if you don’t mind) what brings you to the best and most friendly forum around? I myself have been on this forum for a few months now and still really just a beginner, still finding myself round so don’t be shy ☺️ hop in we don’t bite ( well not on a Monday) NC 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @London_Girl

It’s great to meet you today.

Yes following my Stroke I do find that I have many probs.

I do find that by using music though headphones at night time calms/relaxes me very very well making me have a “good nights sleep”

Please please let me know if I can help/support you further??? 

“Have a great day”
  • London_Girl
    Thank you  @steve51 for your kind welcome and I think I will invest in some headphones and an mp3 player. Even if I don't sleep it will stop my mind working overtime. I will definitely be posting on here and hope to be of support to others too. I will share my reasons for joining later but I just wanted to say thanks. Have a good day .

Henrietta 
  • London_Girl
    Thank you @cripps for your welcome. I will take some time later and share a bit of my story and reasons for joining. In the meantime I hope your day is going well .

Henrietta 
  • steve51
    Hi @London_Girl

No probs it’s my “Pleasure”

Yes they work well for me as my Brain doesn’t do too much info following my Stroke.

It stops it from thinking about my “Pain”
    24/7.

Mind you “wireless headphones” are a must to be honest.

My cat & myself would get tangled up in the wire !!!!

Many many thanks.
  • London_Girl
    I'm glad @steve51 you have this forum as means of support, information and also somewhere to vent as i'm sure you must feel frustrated at times. My memory is bad but that's down to fibromyalgia. Sorry got to go Dr's. Catch you soon :-)
  • steve51
    Hi @London_Girl

Yes the forum is a great way to “scream & shout”

I find it great as I can help support people in a similar situation as myself.

Yes I do get very very frustrated as to why no one can offer me some help with my “Chronic Pain”

I hope that everything goes ok at the doc’s ????

Please please let me know if I can help/support you further ???? 

Brightness