Awarded care component of. PIp , lower rate for mobility. I am waiting for my mandatory decision. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded care component of. PIp , lower rate for mobility. I am waiting for my mandatory decision.

Jaytbm1
Jaytbm1 Community member Posts: 72 Pioneering
Hi I am concerned about my payment, I was awarded high rate of day care but am appealing the motability component. Will I receive any payment at all while I am waiting? I am struggling to manage and worrying that I will not receive any payment until the mandatory consideration. Any body been in a similar situation. Thank you 

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    No idea sorry.
    My guess is no because they are looking at the whole claim again not just the mobility.

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • april123
    april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    I'm moving from DLA to pip the same high daily living standard mobility not completlycsure DLA due to finish and pip to start around begining of may ?
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    When was your award for pip successful. Pip starts a month after that date.
    However, it's paid four weeks in arrears so the first payment is two months after. 
    If your award is the same you should not notice a difference.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • april123
    april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    But ive request ed MR as well
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    As far as my experience is, after f2f, lost enhanced daily to standard, no mobility. Did MR and appeal, still received reduced award, won appeal, enhanced daily and standard mobility.
     got backdated money to the time of when award was reduced.

hope that helps
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Jaytbm1

You will continue to get the award you have already received until MR result. If this makes no change and you appeal to tribunal you get what you've so far been awarded until tribunal.
  • Jaytbm1
    Jaytbm1 Community member Posts: 72 Pioneering
    Thanks for your response , at least i will get something untill the MR is sorted . Xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.