Hi, my name is Sam78! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sam78!

Sam78
Sam78 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
feeling rough at the moment hate feeling so dependant on my family 

Comments

• Sam78
    Hello everybody x
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Sam @Sam78 and a very warm welcome to the community. Sorry I couldn't get back to you a little more quickly.
    I am very sorry to hear you are feeling rough and understand that the dependency on family into which we are often forced is very difficult, sometimes, to live with. There are others here, though, who will be able to relate even more directly than I do and some of them will, I'm sure, be in touch with you very soon.
    You are certainly not alone.
    If you feel up to it, could you tell us a little more about yourself and about your situation? The better we get to know you, the more easily we may find ways of being of use to you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Sam78
    Hi there and thank you for your reply well basically I suffer with unexplained seizures which is tremendously difficult to live I have had many many tests and I was told to basically go home and live with my disability I have had lots of accidents and falls due to the seizures and without any warning signs I just fall wherever and whenever and have at least 2 everyday which gets me down I have my family that really do so much for me and are amazing and never make me feel like a burden but that's exactly how I feel I can never be left alone and independence seems to be a thing of the past I try to keep upbeat but sometimes like this evening I feel really fed up and upset hope this isn't to much of a depressing read but thanks again for your reply x
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sam78
    Welcome to the community, Im sorry to hear you are feeling so fed up!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sam78

It’s great meet you this afternoon.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

Yes I have also got a Brain condition which is rare!!!!!

It effects me every day in many ways.

I have had many “Brain Ops” & I have been told on many occasions that this has been sorted.

Please please let me know if I can help/support you in anyway ????
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sam78, and thank you so much for getting back to me.
    The symptoms you describe sound pretty awful - life for you must be a little like life for a Japanese living in the worst earthquake zone on their islands. A little puzzling that today's medicine should leave you without answers and I feel for you, truly.
    If I may, though, I'm going to offer you a word or two as a former 'dependee', someone on whom someone else depended, pretty much all day and night, every day and night, for the four and a half years of her intensely difficult life.
    It was extremely hard work, sometimes nightmarishly so, and unrelenting, yet were someone to come to me tomorrow, thirty odd years afterwards, and offer me another daughter to take care of in exactly the same way, I would seize the chance with both hands. Regretting her frequent pain and discomfort, I regret nothing else.
    She who depended on me gave my life meaning and purpose, taught me the true meaning of love and did the most to make me the best that I could possibly be.
    At times we are all dependent on someone, even if it is only for a relatively short while whilst we are laid up with illness, and I dislike the sensation as much as anyone else. But being dependent also helps those on whom we depend to grow, to develop, to do something that is 'right' in a world where the opportunities to do right are perhaps too few and far between.
    We have exchanged only a few words, are strangers, yet you already matter to me. I suspect that those on whom you depend are, indeed, fortunate to have you and to know you.
    I really do hope that makes some kind of sense - forgive me if I fail,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

Brightness