Arthritis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Arthritis

TimJohn
TimJohn Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi 14 years ago i had 2 discs removed from my spine as they were very severley pressing up against my spinal cord and long story short damage was done by the time i had the op so i now have arthritis in my spine which leads to arthritis in most of my body, hands fingers toes feet knees elbows you know the rest...I also have haemochromatosis for those who dont know, my body makes to much iron in my blood which the overflow goes to the heart pancrious and kidneys which is not very healthy and that also leads to severe osteoarthritis in wrists and thumbs.  So thats me im 55. Looking forward to some good chat.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @TimJohn and a very warm welcome to you. Glad you've joined us, but sorry to hear of what are obviously painful and difficult conditions.
    I know that osteoarthritis has been mentioned several times recently and I'm going to link to a conversation on the subject which you might find an interesting read. I'm also going to tag @Autumn29 as someone who is involved in that conversation. By all means stop by there and introduce yourself :smile:  You'll find everyone here very friendly.
    And now we know something of your medical history, perhaps you'd tell us something more about your own history - about how you are affected, how you feel, and especially about anything you think we might be able to do to be of support to you :smile:
    Here and listening,
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @TimJohn

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to meet you @TimJohn, and thanks for sharing this with us. If we can be of any assistance, do let us know!

Brightness