CAMHS care co-ordinator- anxiety and depression — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CAMHS care co-ordinator- anxiety and depression

blue63
blue63 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
Hi could I ask if anyone else have had help from camhs  care coodinator the intensive care team are now handing my 12yr  daughter  over to them next week they are still going to be coming to the house as she is still not going out would appreciate any help thank you.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @blue63

I hope @RebeccaMHadvisor will be along soon to offer some support, till then there is some information about CAMHS here.

Do you want to tell us any more about your situation?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    RebeccaMHadvisor Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Hi @blue63

Would you be able to give me a little bit more information about your daughter and the support that she is receiving.

Rebecca
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @blue63 yes ive used CAMHS its very diverse
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @blue63, how are you doing?
  • blue63
    Hi everyone would just like to add a bit more about my daughter we are having home schooling she has just had 3 sessions  they said they understand the way things are at the moment and wI'll go at her pace as they don't want to get her anymore anxious than she already is the lady has sat just outside her bedroom and done some work but  she is now saying it would be a lot better if she could come downstairs as she is not ment to really do it this way but I am confused  as she told me she worked with another girl like this for a year before she would come downstairs can anyone give me advice she says because she has the door open she feels she could come down just the other girl didn't have her door open .
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    Hi @blue63

Thanks for coming back and giving us a little more information. I can hear that things are very stressful for you at the moment and I think that it is great that you are trying to get your daughter the help and support that she needs and deserves.
    I think that if the home schooling tutor works with young people who have anxiety and metal health conditions then perhaps it would be worth talking to her about how she is able to support your daughter and the reasons that she feels that working with your daughter in this way isn't working?

Rebecca
  • blue63
    Hi she says she is not supposed to go in her room and it would be best if she could come down stairs for five minutes to start will but my daughter  is saying she does not feel comfortable  enough and is just getting used to this way we are having a meeting soon so hope to explain how we should go from hear.
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    I think the meeting sounds like a good place for your daughter to express how she feels. Would she feel comfortable telling you or perhaps writing it down for you to convey?

Rebecca 
  • blue63
    I have asked her to write down how she feels and hope she will before Wednesday I have explained it would help have her input  
  • blue63
    Hi we had caf meeating on Wednesday  the new care coodinator seams to have thinks mixed up saying why do I think she has autism I explained the cyps doctor mentioned it could be autism or mental health in november 2017 and the cyps psychologist in February 2018 can i ask for a copy of the reports that they are all doing on my daughter we have been working with cyps intensive care teamy since September 2017 they have now past us on to camhs the new care coodinator has just starated coming i am so tired of going in circles saying the same thing hope we now are all on the same page thank you for listening. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    Hi @blue63

I can completely understand you being tired of going in circles and I really hope that things are on the up for you and that everyone is on the same page and that page being your page!

Good luck
    Rebecca 
  • blue63
    Hi I would like to just say we are still receiving help from camhs new name cyps they have upped  the fluxentire to 7.5 on the 12 March she is still having home tutoring she is still struggling to go out but is trying once in a while she finds its hard she is still struggling with her food very limited she feels fat and ugly and at times does not want to be here the dietician was coming out a few times but has now said she will not be coming as there is not much more she can do if she is not ready to receive any more advice her weight is 8.4 if she loses more weight i can get back in touch she is struggling with her sleep which cyps are saying she needs structure and routine I am really trying to help her  but I am struggling too this has been going on since 2017 I am having counselling but at times still finding it hard cyps want her to go out more and the woman from cyps just tells her to do her relaxing and breathing my daughter has said she dreds to wake up and feels weird at times as she does not know why she feels like this and they just tell her to relax and breath sorry for this .

Brightness