Form filling is so hard — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Form filling is so hard

belcraig
belcraig Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’m in the process of filling in this awful form , my dla was quiet easy to understand , but this form is so hard it’s the questions they don’t ask.
im in n.i. My form is due back in a week ,  can you request a home visit or is the decision taken by them.
so many scarey stories on the u.k. sites , I think I should stop reading them till mine is over.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @belcraig and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I'm going to touch on your second comment first :smile: Yes, there are a lot of scary stories about regarding PIP assessments, but it is worth keeping in mind that it is only the scary stories that make the news. If a bus crashes in London it is local front page news, but the hundreds (thousands?) of buses that complete their journey's safely on the same day don't get a mention. For all we know the vast majority of assessments may go easily and comfortably, so please try not to make the accidentally skewed 'statistics' make you fearful.
    Where the form is concerned you would probably do best - if you can - to meet up with your local Citizens Advice Bureau, or their may be other local welfare organisations that will work with you 1 to 1 on completing the form.
    Your other questions I am not qualified to answer, but I'm going to tag someone who may be better able to help.
    Tagging @BenefitsTrainingCo
    Keep in touch, @belcraig, and don't hesitate to get back to us.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • belcraig
    Thank you for your reassurance, I have been reading up on how to fill in the form and don’t seem so alarmed by thins now, 
  • Debtm
    Debtm Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Dial are good for helping to fill the forms in
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @belcraig, do you mind me asking what form it is that you're filling in?
  • belcraig
    Pip I’m finished now
  • belcraig
    I hope they read it all and all my medical paperwork
  • fairkat2
    fairkat2 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    They do come out to your home if necessary. Or Age UK are good with forms

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.