Refused my report from dfc — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused my report from dfc

070965Sl
070965Sl Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi its susie again from northern ireland i had my f2f a week ago and i thought i could now request a copy of my report so i rang dfc this morning and ive been told no i cant get my report until i have a decision which could take another two months i didnt think it would take that long has anyone had the same thing told to them and is it really taking up to two months 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear this, Susie (@070965SI). If I remember correctly, another member @sdoc94 is from Northern Ireland and recently had a similar issue, I wonder if they could advise?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @Gill_Scope can you help at all?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Somewhere deep in my memory I heard that in NI this is the norm. In England you get the report with the decision (well I did) without having to ask for it.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    Hi susie

You have a right to have a copy of the report now, so you can check it.

I would contact your MP,  just phone their offic speak to caseworker, not sure how things are set up in NI.

Once your MP has sent a letter, you will get a copy of the report.

In England it takes about two weeks to get copy after the assessment, explain that to your MP's caseworker.

Let us know if we can assist you further.

Best wishes

atlas46
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    070965Sl,

Susie,

In Northern Ireland Capita do all the PIP assessments. Although Yadnad got their report with the decision, that isn't the norm in any part of the UK - you normally have to ask. The government has rejected a recommendation that everyone should get a copy of their report.

All it says on the Capita website's NI section when it comes to reports is this:
    'The report will be sent to the Department for Communities as soon as possible after your consultation and you can request a copy from them.'

There is nothing in that to suggest you have to wait until a decision is made. If that is the case, then that is DfC policy & potentially challengeable, as this is information about you - why should you have to wait until they have used it to see it?

I've had a look on the DfC website but couldn't find anything useful. I agree that a good step would be to ask your MP/MLA for help; alternatively, Citizens Advice in N Ireland may be able to investigate for you. Having said all that, I think a week is probably too early to expect the report to be available, anyway. It may be worth trying again now - if they still say you have to wait for the decision, try to get an adviser or representative to advocate for you & find out why.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• 070965Sl
    070965Sl Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Thanks for this info its now been 3 weeks since my f2f and almost 14 weeks since the start of my claim capita has told me that my report is now ready to send to dfc that was thursday 3rd and monday is may bank holiday so thought id wait to thursday10th to ring surely it cant take much longer for them to sort out my claim but i will ask for my report when i ring

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.