Advice on pavement parking? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on pavement parking?

greenair
greenair Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2018 in Transport and travel
Hi
  I'm looking for advice on pavement parking, I am disabled and use a mobility scooter for any outdoor excursions inc` dotcors , shops etc
seems Rugby has a lot of people who think its ok to block the pavement completely with their vehicles.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • greenair
    Thanks fo the quick response, I'm pleased it worked for you, however, Rugby police refuse to help as this is a "civil enforcement area" as set out by an act of parliament, this basically places responsibility for parking offences with the local council, the local council are just not aware of their own legal obligations here, but they soon will be !
  • [Deleted User]
  • greenair
    And so it begins, getting bounced around in circles by idiots in local authority who do not know what they are talking about, NSL (the councils chosen representatives for dealing with parking offences) agreed to a visit to "ticket" some offending vehicles today,  I think maybe their agent/s got lost ! nothing happened, back on to the council 2morrow after I kindly sent them an email, asking them to clarify their position for me...ummmm....yup, no reply as yet (I think maybe someone is doing a little research ! )...more updates to follow, this WILL get interesting,I WILL get a result with this, and yes, I am always polite, one thing !, my aim here is not to get people "fined" for their parking transgressions, but to try and raise public awareness .Thanks for the support.
               greenair
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • greenair
    Victoriad, don`t worry about typo`s, I speak that language only to well ! testify to my own terrible typing skills,
     Situation update as from this morning a 11.00 a.m : -
    despite NSL agreeing to send one of their "representatives" to start issuing penalty notices, nothing has happened, I felt compelled to telephone Rugby council customer services as I had received no response to my second email where I asked them to clarify their position .
      I was really fortunate as the head of customer services was " manning" the telephone, ...0...o...
      She now agrees with my assertion that it IS their responsibility as a civil enforcement authority, WOW....!
      My suggestion of a simple letter to all their customers outlining the legalities concerning pavement parking was agreed on....another WOW.....
     I will also now be getting updates from the council as and when anything happens because I "escalated" the issue to a complaint, ..really...?
      I know this is not just a Rugby issue, it is nationwide, it may seem like a lot of effort , but in reality, it took me a couple of emails, a couple of telephone calls, and two days to get the council to admit to , and act accordingly.
      I would absolutely love other people to do this in their own local areas to "spread the word"..it would not take too long, or too many fines to bring about a simple change of attitude to something affecting a large amount of people,
     Just remember to always be polite, honest,...oh, did I mention patient ?  hahahaha,
      Anyone that needs any information on this subject for their own local area, please do feel free to ask me and I`ll give the details of who, how, where to start,
      sorry it`s a little long winded, but I`m no typist, or legal secretary, Just a guy who knows his rights, thanks for reading,
    any further developments, I`ll post for reference and  I promise they wont be like another edition of war and peace. 
               kind regards
                      greenair
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness