Pip & D L A — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip & D L A

Lucysam25
Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I got a reply  from pip    I had  dla for 20 years I motability  & care allowance  now I have been turned down on both components  I don't  agree  with there decision    the assessor did not ask me to walk or asked me for any id  when he came in  he  sat down all the time he was in my house he said remark like your doing a Sunday dinner  my sister  was cooking the dinner  he said whoo it's smells  nice   all he asked me can do a few things like move my fingers  or my ankles  that's all I have been to see my GP  this morning  I was so upset I couldn't  talk to my doctor  I was so upset over this form  the assessor  did not ask about my condition    he said I could walk the supermarket  I only walk with  my family  or sister but I have to stop three or 4 times  I am not mental it's not my mind it's getting  around  &my physical  body from the waistdown my legs go inwards  both legs I keep falling over all time broken my wrist in 2014 in 2017 I broke my shoulder  my legs are stiff musculoskeletal  witch I have had all my life  I didn't walk till was 3 years old  I was born  premature  me and my twin she is fine xx 

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @Lucysam25,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with PIP and that you're unhappy with how your assessment went. I hope that we can provide you with some support.

Are you going to ask for a mandatory reconsideration? If you are, we do have some information about mandatory reconsiderations that you might find useful, and you can take a PIP self-test so that you have a clear idea of what points you might be eligible for.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Turned down for both as in zero points or under the standard.
    Did you ask for an assessors report 

Sadly DLA is no more. Being on it is irrelevant because they are assessing you now. The biggest downside is not having an end date. You do not get time to prepare evidence.
     Your condition must have been present for at least three months and last for at least nine. 
    It's about how you can or can't do the activities not your condition.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Lucysam25
    Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    I got 4 points for motability  2 points for getting  around in the house 2 points for preparing  food & 2 points for washing & bathing  I don't  go in the bath because  I have a walk - in -shower  witch I got from my council   I phoned the same day when I received  my letter saying I wasn't  getting  the PIP  I they started the mandatory  over the phone but I have more to add on in a letter  
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    It's looking almost as if they have scored you points in regards to safety. 
    So if you might fall its unsafe. I even suspect they suggested sitting on a stool for cooking or showering?

Have you looked into getting a scooter to make getting around outside easier? 
    If they scored points for inside the house that suggests you wouldn't manage outside?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • mendipmark
    mendipmark Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Statistics show that if you appeal you are likely to win. Appeal as its unlikely a reconsideration will work.

I put a file together of unbiased info of my problems, printed off the net but presenting an accurate picture about how you feel plus all my consultants reports and other letters together and sent that in. This gets sent to the tribunal.

Take a cab advisor or housing association benefits advisor and a friend. Answer honestly, clearly and stick to your guns. You should win.

On mine the dr saw my file and was already on my side. The barrister went along with the majority as long as his short checklist was ticked to clarify my entitlement category. The social worker was by far the worst. Answer clearly, stick to your guns and correct mistakes they try and catch you with and you should be fine. The social workers questions were highly embarrassing and personal. It was stressful and I speak as a qualified lawyer but the feeling when you win is amazing. It doesnt cost and also the tribunal can provide free taxis if you arrange beforehand. Your advisor can answer some questions for you.

Good luck.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    "They have given me a date as when it is 6 weeks  for a. Reply xx"

@Lucysam25 from another post as it was meant to be here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    If you can try and keep all your comments on one post @Lucysam25
    it makes it much easier to understand and for other members to offer you support. If you need any advice on navigating the community, then please do let us know.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.