Told I can't get contribution based ESA — Scope | Disability forum

Told I can't get contribution based ESA

janejj Member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi could some one please help ? I have tried to claim contribution based esa they said I haven’t paid enougth contribution they had 5600.00 on there records but I have my p60 for that 2015/2016 on my p60 I’ve earned 6331.65 for the year 2015/2016 have I earned enougth to qualify please help being told I have then I haven’t been left with out money now for 4 weeks


  • whistles
    whistles Member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    We are 2018 now why are they asking about 2015/16? 

    As far as I am aware you can only get this for one year anyway so would be Income related now if still unfit for work.

    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • janejj
    janejj Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Yes they looked at 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 I’m ok on that year just the 2015/2016 and I worked 16 to 20 hours every week 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.