Hi, my name is Mrs_Syson! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mrs_Syson!

Mrs_Syson
Mrs_Syson Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone
I've only just found this group.
I broke my back 6 years ago and had full spinal surgery.
I live in constant chronic pain and take a medley of medication.
I'm 44, married & got 2 sons aged 10 & 18.
I don't really join online groups and I always say I'm retired before I have to explain I'm disabled.
Hoping to join in with everyone on here
Mrs S

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Mrs_Syson I'm Sam and I look after the online community along with @Pippa_Scope and @Lasian_Scope and we have a whole host of advisors and people who support us.

I hope you enjoy it here, we are a friendly bunch.  Take a look around, you can find all the latest posts here

If you have any questions, or need any help just let us know :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Mrs_Syson and a warm welcome to the community. We're very glad to have you, though sorry, of course, for your difficulties and your pain. I hope we can find some way to be of help to you.
    One of the forums I most frequently direct new members to is 'Dealing with chronic pain'  If you have a look at some of the conversations and resources there I am sure it will bring you into contact with others who can relate to what you have been and are going through.
    We are all friends here, connected by disability, whether disabled ourselves or as parents, siblings and the like of disabled family members, and you will find yourself being made very welcome.. 
    Please feel absolutely free to ask any questions that occur to you, or to tell us any more about yourself, to chat or to rant and rave. We're here for you, and listening.
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard @JennysDad

Brightness