Hi, my name is Demidodo7! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Demidodo7!

Options
Demidodo7
Demidodo7 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I'm expecting visit from CAPTA soon regarding my PIP claim!
feeling very stressed!!!

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Demidodo7 and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.

I'm going to repeat something I've said a few times before regarding the 'stress' factor. You've perhaps seen and read things about assessments that have got you worried. It's important to remember that it is the 'bad' experiences of assessments which get reported on social media, in online communities and elsewhere. The good experiences - and we must assume that there are some - don't as a rule get mentioned.

It is like pretty much everything else where news is concerned - only bad news gets reported. Someone fatally crashes a BMW in the neighbourhood and it makes the news, but the fact that thousands have people have not crashed their BMWs in the same time period doesn't get a mention.

So try not to worry too much. Do try to be prepared. Other members who know more about the benefits system will no doubt be in touch with you soon. I'm assuming (which may show my ignorance) that yours is a PIP assessment that is taking place at home? If I am right, please have a look at this Scope page on benefits All relevant benefits are covered, but the PIP FAQs and other resources might prove very helpful to you.

Please keep in touch, and bear with us. You will hear from others soon.
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard @JennysDad
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Demidodo7 Please can I say welcome.

Please hope your assessment goes OK. My friend @JennysDad has given very good advice.

Most of important keep it simple. Do not overload the assessor with information.   In other words do not bombard with how things they are  Remember they are writing a report. Keep the main points and make stress that what and how it is effecting you day to day.  .Also make it precise and clear who and how and why are you on your worst day.

Have some one with you if possible. In fact that is a important aspect. Have got support.

Hope every thing goes well. Please do not worry, saying that is not easy. Because no one realises how you are. Understand I have anxiety and do get stressed myself. Meeting anybody who is a stranger is never easy, try to think what to say.

Have calming relaxing music on.  Before the visit.

Wish to say hope it goes successful. Please come back let us the community know the outcome.

Take care
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Demidodo7, welcome to the community! Do let us know if we can be of any assistance, and fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for.

Brightness