PIP Claim Won Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Claim Won Tribunal

marty3
marty3 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hello, im new here, i found this site from google searching for answers as im a little worried. heres my story.

i put in for a claim for pip back in july last year and i was denied, ive been living on esa which is £80 per week, its dam near impossible, without my parents i would be not alive or worse. £80 a week is a joke, so i tried to work again and i cannot work due to extreme mental illness, i wont go into great detail but i have crippling panic attacts, im on loads of meds like pregablin 600mil per day, sertraline, mirtrazapine 45mg. and other meds. this isnt about my meds so i move on.

i couldnt work due to panic attacks and doctors mentioned aggrophobia which is fear of open spaces, which does sound like me, i am NOT a social person, i like to be alone in my home safe.

so i sppealed there decision, i went to the court tribuanal last week and was only in there litrally 20 maybe 30 minutes. i thought i had lost, i went in with my mother, she said never mind you can always rely on me and dad. bless her. 2 days later i got letter saying the tibunal was allowed and im entiled to the enhanced living componant and standard mobility componant, i couldnt belive it. 

today i rang them wondering when i get my new money as im skint in stupid dept with people and credit cards and cant go on living this way no more, the lady on the phone said that they can appeal against the appeal????????? im thinking are you serious? and yes she was, so is this right? after all this it still means im only allowed to try and survive on £80 per week.. this kind of news isnt good for my mental health. been in a panic all day, hope i can get clear answers here im very sad :(:neutral:

Comments

• marty3
    please excuse my terrible spelling
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes she was right. DWP have as much chance as we do to appeal the decision. To be able to do this they must first ask for the Statement of Reasons and they have 1 month to ask for this. Once they have this they must then find an error in law in making the decision. It's very rare that they do this but they may well make you wait the 28 days at least before they decide to pay you your backdated money. Some people receive it within a couple of weeks, others can be waiting around 6 weeks.

Great news on winning your Tribunal, just a little longer to wait i'm afraid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done and good luck
  • marty3
    thank you, my mind is a bit easier now :) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.