Hi needing some advice about UC please :) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi needing some advice about UC please :)

Options
bunnyqueen
bunnyqueen Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone, i have been claiming universal credit for almost two years as part of a joint claim (my partber works but i dont) i havent been able to work at all for almost a year and was told that because my partner earned a set amount i didnt need to take part in work related activity, my arthritis has gotten alot worse and chnages to my medication have made me a mess if im honest, so a few months ago on the advice of my doctor i started getting sicklines for to hand in to the dwp as he suggested i would qualify for help.....i filled out my form and have just had my medical assessment, but ive been reading about the next steps, if im found limited capacity for work will i recive the extra money as my uc claim started a while ago or not, or if im the higher rate does that get added on to my uc? Do i apply for PIP or is that included in the UC, the jobcentre have been quite unhelpful, i have a appointment with them on monday for a work search review whilst waiting for my decision on what group i will be in. Any help appreciated! Thanks 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @bunnyqueen (a lovely ID, that!) and a warm welcome to the community. I am glad you have found us.
    I'm not qualified to advise specifically on benefits and am going to leave that to one of our experts, rather than risk misleading you. We do have those experts, however, and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
    I am going to link here, though, to our online benefits test which, if you complete it, should give you a good idea of what you should be getting and from where.
    In the meantime, please bear with us, keep in touch and don't hesitate to ask us anything or tell us anything further that might help us to help you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • bunnyqueen
    bunnyqueen Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks so much ill check out the link u sent :) thanks for having me here!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @bunnyqueen

You can find a PIP self test here to see if you could be entitled to it.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.