Has this ever happen to anyone else? Or am I just special? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has this ever happen to anyone else? Or am I just special?

ZeeNina71
ZeeNina71 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone. Quick question. Has anyone had a home visit which lasted 36 minutes? In the report from the home visit, has anyone had a significant part of their list of problems completely missed out? (In my case Chronic Progressive Liver Cirrhosis with Portal Hypertension) and have anyone had only 1 medication listed and left out another 5? Also, completely left out 2 Doctors letters, 2 Consultants letters and 2 eye scans pics and 1 endoscopy report with pictures and reports. I had my ATOS report sent before the DWP gave me their decision (still waiting for the letter of the award) but, I have been told that I have gone from Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility to just Standard Daily Living. I have no words left. The home visit guy was a nurse. Believe me, I have gone through every emotion since January when it all started. ATOS have my complaint already, DWP will get theirs when I get the letter (I've already written it) I have the CIB and my local MP on standby. Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I went for my Assessment and the report was not what i was expecting. I have done a MR still waiting for the decision.

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, happens all the time.  Do a mandatory reconsideration (MR) and then appeal if necessary.  69% of appeals win.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Liars the lot of them, big sigh 
  • ZeeNina71
    ZeeNina71 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    edited April 2018
    Hi, thanks for all the responses, it means a lot. For years - since before I became sick I have had to fight for every single benefit. From JSA to ESA to ESA Support Group. Even on my initial PIP, I got wrong information for which I have an apology letter. Housing benefit...! Don't get me started... they completely stop your payments and ask questions afterwards. The standard of how polite and helpful these ATOS / DWP people are to you decreases dramatically the higher up the pecking order.

I wrote this on facebook today... just a random rant about the situation as I can't do anything until my 'Award Letter' arrives hopefully tomorrow so I can start my mandatory reconsideration which I have already written.

MY RANT by Me
    Hopefully, only 1 more sleep to go until I can get my PIP award letter sent to me. I had doubts about the assessment in a previous post. I said he was in and out in under half an hour. It was actually 36 minutes. I am only meant to ask for the ATOS report from DWP... AFTER they had made a decision. I got it before (nice man sent it first class for me) I have blown several gaskets in the meantime, waiting for the awards letter... I was given the results on the phone (by a nice lady) it is not a good result. The ATOS man-child listed where he got his evidence from: my PIP questionnaire 2018 & PIP consultation report 2015.  What the man-child DID NOT include in his evidence list were the 5 letters! 1 from my MP. 2 from GPs, 2 from my Hospital Consultants and images and results of my eyeball and stomach. In man-child's report, he listed I only took 1 kind of medication. I take 6 different medications. THE DOOZIE IS... where it says 'History of Conditions... he didn't even MENTION ANYWHERE that I have Chronic Progressive Cirrhosis, Portal Hypertension and Peripheral Neuropathy, Enlarged Spleen and Gall Stones. He went with the anxiety and the eye. He also used the wording 'medically likely' which is totally made up (I googled it and printed out searches for 'medically likely' from 3 Medical Dictionaries which I also enclosed) 
    So, ATOS has my complaint about my shambolic Report from man-child... I will call them every day.
    I have already written the letter of Mandatory Reconsideration and listed everything that has happened up until now. I expect I will have to alter it when my letter comes. I will return it the same day, post it 1st class tracked and signed for. I will also call them every day. I have the CIB & my MP (well, not [name removed by moderator] but a representative) as my arbitrators, helpers, letter writers, updated legislation and recent parliament U-bends... well, my fonts of knowledge and support. Happy Days! or Happy medically likely days!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.