PIP Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal

Options
carlysul
carlysul Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all 
i am just looking for some advice my fathe-in-law is on the night rate mobility and was transferred to PiP where he didn’t score enough  for mobility we have put in an appeal but what happens in the mean time will he be asked to send back the car while the appeal is going through he can not get out the house without it and his symptoms from his disabity have been getting Worse since the outcome of the pip just was to give him some peace of mind he has been on higher rate for over 18 years 

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi carly

A very warm welcome.

Sorry to hear about the move to PIP.

However, all is not lost, your father-in-law needs to contact Motability to explain his situation.

He should explain he is seeking an Appeal to the tribunal service.  He will be allowed to keep the car for the next 26 weeks, pending the hearing of his case.

At no costs.

Motability are very supportive about such situations.

I would also suggest you get the assistance of your local CAB, with preparing and attending the appeal.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Keep us informed.

With best wishes

atlas46

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    carlysul,

As I'm sure you know, you have to ask for a mandatory reconsideration before you can appeal, but perhaps your father in law has already done this. You have good advice from Atlas46 about the Motability scheme for this situation. Here's the link to their webpage about it.

You'll see that the help depends on when your father in law first joined Motability. I would suggest he gets in touch with them and has a chat about his options.

Good luck with the appeal.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.