Change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances

lixsharp13
lixsharp13 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi everyone. I was awarded standard pip for both last feb but since then my condition has worsened. If i ring to inform them of this will i have to have another f2f assesment and could i lose the award thats already in place? Tia

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I rang last october to inform them that my illness had got worse and i also have spinal problems and can hardly walk. I had to fill out a new pip2 form i had my assessment in January and they took 2 points off me and i just about got enough points for care, only 4 points for mobility so i came worse off. I am now waiting for my MR.
    You might not have any trouble but my assessor made out i was no worse than 3 yrs ago i feel totally let down by the system i feel like they are calling me a liar.
    I am stressed out completely and annoyed with the assessor and DWP.

• lixsharp13
    Oh no sorry to hear that. And thats exactly what im afraid of even tho i have evidence that things have got worse. Mind you saying that i had evidence and a brilliant letter from my gp but i still lost my appeal 3 weeks ago. I wonder if anything is worth it anymore?? 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I had evidence from my Neurologist and Neuro surgeon and i am alot of medication even more than 3yrs ago but no i was not worse. I was very annoyed and felt really let down.
    Good luck if you do go a head with it but just remember they do sometimes look at it as a new claim again. Very very unfair system there is no cure for my conditions i will be like this for the rest of my life. I just do not get there way of thinking.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Disgusting system in that respect isn't it. 
    You are meant to inform them and when you do they take points off as obviously look at the whole claim. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • lixsharp13
    Hi guys i had my change of circumstances assesment with pip today. I felt it was definately treated as a new claim. I just hope i havent lost any points even tho im much worse with the evidence to prove it. So its the daunting waiting game again  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi guys i had my change of circumstances assesment with pip today. I felt it was definately treated as a new claim. I just hope i havent lost any points even tho im much worse with the evidence to prove it. So its the daunting waiting game again  
    A change of circumstances is classed as a new claim because you're reporting changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lixsharp13
    Hi everyone. Would just like to let you know Ive heard from pip regarding my change of circumstances claim and after exactly 2 years of fighting stress and worry Ive finally been awarded enhanced for both!! So for everyone whos fighting this battle hang in there and dont give up. Good luck everyone!!! Love Liz xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.