Refused PIP and can't work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused PIP and can't work

Maria1971
Maria1971 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I don't know what to do I'm in a mess. I've always been my daughters carer and then she became mine. She is moving out soon and my husband works away. I live in pain everyday and have been refused PIP. I have numerous health issues. I'm to ill to employ but not ill enough for help and my husband earns to much that we don't get help and he can't support me. 
I don't think I can cope with with life much longer.
Life shouldn't be like this.
I'm 46 not 86

Comments

• Madworld
    Madworld Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    @Maria1971 Dont lose hope, im sorry to hear what youre going through but your not alone believe me, I was refused myself and am going to appeal. Surely there is some benefit you are intitled to with your condition, it shouldnt matter what your husband makes if he isnt supporting you. There has to be something that can be done, keep your chin up
  • Maria1971
    Maria1971 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi ty so much for replying.
    I never ask for help I never did for 25yrs it's horrible when you finally need the help and there isn't any you feel isolated and alone.
    I'd had a TIA in 2016 it took me so long to get over it mentally I wasn't myself at my initial appointment. I'm still not myself but much better at least I can think for myself again now. Looking back now I can think straight it was horrid. I couldn't remember and my husband was hardly at home. I just sit and think I don't think my future will be that great. The system is totally awful how they look at the whole situation.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Have a look on the benefits calculator website. That might give you a guide as to what you might be entitled to. 
    Did you do an MR in regards to pip. Was it zero for both, or just under?  
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Madworld
    Madworld Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    @Maria1971 Its true the system sucks but dont give up yet, theres appeals you can take and pip decisions are changed everyday. People are fighting this and alot are winning. My advice is to get someone to take you to citizens advice or give them a call and they will give you options on what you can do to fight this. I hope things get better for you, if theres any justice at all they will 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Maria1971
    Im sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, if you are struggling you can speak to the Samaritans and MIND have some great resources around mental health.

When did you get your PIP decision as you can appeal that decision, or if it was a while ago, you can reapply and we have lots of information and support about applying for PIP and tips of answering questions and for the PIP assessments.

Let us know a little more and I hope we can help 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.