Esa medical — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa medical

Korrina
Korrina Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Please can anyone help im sostressed out .recieved my medical report from esa assesment ...they have put me in work related  group and basically said that i over estimate my disability  ..its unbelievable ..who are they to judge ..anyway need to  do mr appealbut no good at putting and explaining things on paper ..getting into right state over this ..the report is a complete joke dont know how these people sleep at night .is there anyway i can get help todothis appeal ..thankyou

Comments

• moss
    moss Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I am in the same boat go to citizen advice they will do the letter for you and support you all the way.  I was put in work group from ESA I stopped work in jan2016 due to my disability which caused me in and out of work since I was 39 I am now 58 this year.  I have always done Physical work labour intensive Physically my body does not want to do it anymore I start loosing the ability to walk.  Results of my medical was because I can wash my own hair walk the dog for 15 mins and they accept I am in pain but I still need to work.

• moss
    moss Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I took the results back to ciktizens advice and I am appealing against the decision you must be quick because you only have a month from the date of receiving your letter to appeal .  I will probably be put through a more thorough medical.  I went back to my GP I move to wales nov 2016 I was sent to ask for a medical summary of what was wrong with me.  They gave me 3 pages that did not really explain nothing the doctor said when I moved to wales the condensed the report.  I asked where the rest of my medical report was they said in a blue folder.  I am certain if they do another summary from my file it would better explain what is wrong.  This is not good enough in my opinion so do not expect your Doctors support because it turns out not all doctors agree with what is going on.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear this, @Korrina. The appeals process can feel really overwhelming, but there are lots of resources available to help you, and we have plenty of friendly community members who will be able to offer support and encouragement.

You may find Scope's overview of the DWP appeals process a helpful starting point, and this tool can help you put together a Mandatory Reconsideration letter. Have a look, and do come back to us with any questions.
  • Korrina
    Korrina Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thankyou been in touch with cab and they are going to help me ...hopefully will be returned to support group .these people that carry out medicals have no idea .of depression and how effects day to day life ...need prompting to get dressed and personal care when my daughter said i need prompting  to clean my teeth he quite clearly said who needs prompting to clean there teeth ! Cant explain how i felt !! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.