PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

Received a PIP application

johnny100johnny100 Member Posts: 125 Pioneering
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
I sent a letter to  the PIP Assessment in Wolverhampton to advise them about my consultants medical letter about my Secondary Fibromyalgia.On Friday the 27th April 18 I received an new PIP application.Recently press reports indicate that 1.6 million  PIP application submitted will have to be looked at due to inconsistent point awards.It states that if you have further information to advise them of any changes which I did.On srndinf the letter as I stated earlier the returned me a new application to complete,why?.Another  assessment that I could well do without.

Replies

• lindadeniselindadenise Member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Dwp done it to me and i went for assessment and i ended up worse off. My conditions are far worse but they decided i was the same but got 2 points less.
    I have no faith in this system at all.

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,815 Disability Gamechanger
    Is your disgnosis in dispute? That would be unusual as you don’t need a diagnosis to get PIP. The question then is whether your consultants report directs itself to the specific activities you think you should score points on? That would be unusual as your consultant most likely won’t have seen you perform those activities. So, what is it in the report that you think ought to be persuasive? Have you sent it in or just told them it exists?

By sending you a form they’re doing no more than saying “direct yourself to the activities. Tell us what you can’t do; why and give us examples.” Medical reports rarely do that.
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    The legislation you refer to is for those with MH problems and adults to mobility. Do you have these issues?

You informed them because of a change to your condition and you now can't do what you could before? 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • YadnadYadnad Member [under moderation] Posts: 2,856 Member [under moderation]
    whistles said:
    You informed them because of a change to your condition and you now can't do what you could before? 

If that is the situation then at the least they should be awarded the same award and at best an increase on the previous award - well that is what my logic tells me.

Sign in or join us to comment.