PIP Appeal Allowed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal Allowed

Options
Blue1967
Blue1967 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Hi Everyone 
I have just registered and would like to know how did the DWP going to Nov2016 get my award for PIP after transferring from DLA so wrong ?
I have M.S and had skin cancer removed at exactly the same time my relationship of almost 14 years ended.  Could someone please advise as I won my second appeal on Thursday 26th 2018. When will this be back dated to only from the beginning of my most recent appeal date which is Oct 2017 . Citizens Advice helped with paperwork needed for appeal but I did a lot to send that relevant paperwork needed I feel also.Citizens Advice where I live didn't have the funding to be there with me at the hearing but my daughter brought me and obviously was present.I'm still so angry that it appears sue to legalities you must wait 6 to 8 weeks to be backdated. I've battled this on my own really to prove that I'm entitled
to receive the help  with home living. 
Does anyone please have an answer to what bueroccracy have a just gone through to justify Theresa May's actions   to a person whose mother had M.S it really saddens me.I'm so sorry to whoever reads this but I was up on my soap box writing this and feel let down by the system. I worked as long as I could why can you just not be treated like a number ?
 Sorry Cecilia 

Comments

• Blue1967
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply even though I'm a Newbie on this sight
    it does take time for me to relearn
    the so called system due to cognitive function and the stress I've recently encountered with DWP and Appeals .  Yes I need to laugh on here now cos believe you me I have shed a few tears !!!
    :) C
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Blue1967,
    Cecilia,
    PIP should be backdated to the date of the decision you're appealing against - not the appeal date, but the date of the original decision you were challenging. The date of the decision should be in the original paperwork, but if you're not sure, ask Citizens Advice?

As to why decisions are so bad, it's an ongoing scandal - despite numerous investigations & reports, the system hasn't been changed. I'd recommend you telling your MP about your experiences, and how hard you have had to battle to get the benefit you are entitled to. We need more MPs to be outraged by the experiences of their constituents, and maybe one day we will get a decent system for PIP assessments and decisions.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Blue1967
    Options
    Hi Will
    Thankyou for your reply  much appreciated.

Ì The lady from Citizens Advice is adamant I shall only receive a back dated payment to October 2017 when my first appeal was eventually heard
    after ten months!.
    Subsequently Mandatory reconsideration twice and second appeal on 26th April  2018. To only be granted Home Living help until 2021 is scandalous anyhow as for me to go through this again  is soul destroying.
    My MP has been inundated so there is no chance of getting help I'm afraid.

:)  Cecilia 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.