I am not great at Maths - new pip legislation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am not great at Maths - new pip legislation

whistles
whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/personal-independence-payment-pip-assessment-guidance-updated

Ok so they have updated the legislation for  the assessment guide.This sort of makes me glad that I have a review date, any of their little tweaks might mean I score more points next time. ( assuming there is no change, things worsen) 

If you read it, it says it will benefit people from 2022/2023. Would anyone like to remind themselves what year we are in now, and what year this was updated! 
They are contacting those effected, how do they know if you are? 

So this is another legislation on top of the 1.6 something they need to review on the MH. 
Was DLA this messy? 

It's pdf can't download to actually read it. Up to you guys if you do. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Comments

• xxgaynorxx
    xxgaynorxx Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Does this actually differ from 2013/14/15 assessment guide I. E pre legislation. I was awarded in 2015 and wonder if I will be reassessed regarding mental health law. I always thought it was discriminatory even then. But as I recieved ongoing standard mobility I didn't want to rock the boat by asking them to review it again. Suppose I will have to wait to see if they will look into my claim. 
  • whistles
    No idea because I haven't looked at their guides if it's a pdf. 

They will review you after ten years for ongoing. Be interesting if they contact you. 

I hate poking the fire because I need to call ESA about an underpayment. But I don't want it to trigger anything!
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @whistles you are very lucky to get esa and pip I’m happy for you. 
  • whistles
    Have you heard back from pip yet? Was it you who was waiting. I can't keep up with members. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @whistles just got all my papers

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.