Back again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back again

cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
hi everyone, hope you’re feeling fine, not been around for awhile because I’m not feeling the best, struggling with keeping my head above water, going down fast.

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    Hi @cripps!
    It's lovely to have you back, although I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling. Is there any way that we can support you?

I know that contacting the Samaritans has already been suggested, have you had a chance to talk to them?
  • cripps
    I havn’t contacted anyone with my problems which is something i should do, i can’t seem to ask for help when i need it i Just struggle on my own. It is a problem i know and i wish i could so if you know anyone that would be good. How is everyone? I’ll be back to talk to anyone that fancies it. 
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    It can be really hard to ask for help. I'm glad that you feel comfortable sharing and talking to people on here, and that the community can provide some support - we really do appreciate you!

It would still be best if you could contact someone to get more help with what you're going through and how you're feeling. Are you able to contact your GP about this?

If you find telephone calls difficult, the Samaritans do have an email address that you can contact: jo@samaritans.org
    Otherwise, you can call them for free on: 116 123 (UK)

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cripps
    Im sorry to hear you are still struggling, as Lasian says, the samaritans really can help by offering you an ear.

I understand how tough it must be to reach out, but you have taken an amazing step by talking to us about your mental health.  If you find the written word easier, you can email them on the address @Lasian_Scope suggests above.

You are an important member of our community and we care.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • cripps
    Thank you for your support, i really do need to talk to someone and let them know how I’m feeling because at the moment I’m struggling. I’ll make a call later and see how it goes. All i really need is to have a normal day which I’ve not had for a long time and probably never get ever again, i can’t seem to get it in my head that I’m permanently disabled now and need careers to come into my home and help me get through the day. 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Could you write to your gp? I did this because I couldn't ring to make the appointment. 
    They did a ring back.

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Have you ever had any councelling @cripps ? It can help to come to terms with big changes in our lives.
    Scope
  • cripps
    I am having councelling  at moment but I’m finding it hard to be honest with her maybe I’m just stubborn .
  • Sam_Alumni
    It can be really hard to open up!
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cripps Good to hear from you, wondering what has happened. This sounds like I was a while ago. The most important thing is to identify what are your issues and problems.

Understand it is hard and difficult talking. Tell the truth talking is hard especially counselling or any therapy.

Believe me am been there and still am.  As  gentleman talking to a young girl of a certain age. Young enough to be my granddaughter has nothing but words to me.

Understand can not relate to me or she to my life . Has no knowledge no life skills. Got a degree what does that prove.

Personally had so much but now realise how and when can I ask for support.

Do I need to tell some one how am I today, how can I say what the problems are if I do not and can not cope.

Then I need to share not here on the community but private to your support who ever that is.

Please can I ask do you have support. Talking to a GP is never easy.  Understand that, so had an advocate to help me get what I want.

Nothing wrong asking for mental support services. Does not have to be council. Always try use charities, that was a solution for me.

Although I had problems explain and talking .

Try to see if your GP can advise you and speak to some one who can support you
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness