Change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances

cuffy72
cuffy72 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've recently had a change of circumstance to my health. I was diagnosed last year with adrenal insufficiency and I'm currently awaiting an appointment to see a rheumatologist to confirm suspected fibromyalgia. I currently claim ESA and PIP for ulcerative colitis and ME/ CFS. my health has taken a turn for the worse in recent weeks. However, I'm unsure whether to tell them about a change or circumstances and risk losing the standard rate pip in the hope of getting an increased award. Nobody wants to rock the boat these days. Should I wait until after I see the rheumatologist or report my adrenal insufficiency . I've recently seen an endocrinologist but I'm not due to discuss recent further investigations until the end of the year. I don't think I have the strength for yet another assessment 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Just stopping by to say hello and welcome @cuffy72. Very glad you've joined the community, and sorry that this is the earliest I could get back to you.
    I cannot directly answer your question myself, but we have others here who can and no doubt will be in touch with you very shortly.
    Stay in touch,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad

• ZeeNina71
    ZeeNina71 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi from another newbie! My advice... and it is only advice from what I'm going through at the moment... If you are getting PIP and are ok with what you are getting. DO NOT DO A CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES! PLEASE! Please read my posts. I started mine in January and it's been one disaster after another. As it stands... I went from enhanced daily living and standard mobility to... wait for it... standard daily living and no mobility! Please read my posts... if you are unwell, you will not like the incompetence and time wasting of these people. It's all in my posts. Please read them... this is just advice and my opinion. I'm on a long and drawn out road of disaster of bureaucracy. If you do decide to go ahead... get professional help right from the start. I'm so sorry you are so poorly. Keep yourself as well as possible. x
  • cuffy72
    cuffy72 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for the constructive response. I will wait until they come knocking again. I believe my award was 3 years but they said they would review after two xx
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.