Pip - housing benefit has changed my income — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip - housing benefit has changed my income

sami
sami Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi evreyone 
tomorrow I'm having my first face to face assessment 
for pip but last week I receive email from the housing  benefit 
saying dwp informed as that your income has change (increase) ??? and they give me the calculation up to april 2019.??? anyone can explain PLEASE??

Comments

• justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi sami
    I thought you have already had your F2F? and thats why your HB had been changed? I thought the decision had been made because of your HB increasing because it does when you are in reciept of PIP. Theres benefit advisors on the scope site ask one of them for help. No wonder this has confused you because its confused me. I can not understand why you have an increase in HB if you have not been given PIP.
    Good luck and I hope everything falls into place. Let us know how you get on
  • sami
  • sami
    Very confused???
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Looks like DWP have triggered something for the extra money for your rent. I would give HB a ring or if you can make an appointment to see them because this is really confusing. Sorry I cant be of any help I would be asking HB if I was you.
  • sami
    I did call them yesterday 
    they say is dwp income??
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    Hi @sami, have you had your face to face yet? Hopefully our community members will be able to offer some reassurance!
  • sami
    Hi
    Not yet my assessment start at today at 2pm
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    How did your assessment go @sami ?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    How did your assessment go @sami ?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • sami
    Hi evreyone 
    I had my assessment on Wednesday 
    it's take 17 minutes. was very quick 
    I think it's positive 
  • sami
    Hi evreyone I asked for a copy of my 1st time pip assessment & I receive it today ???
    big shock to much lies I did no't get anything from the assessor .
    I have mental health desorder & depression and anxiety I send all the proves a support letter from my doctor & talking thereby &
    gp. I think that the decision will be the same as a repport????
    Please help 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    Hi @sami sorry to hear this, this seems to be the theme with the assessors regarding lies on these reports and it's getting worse, it good you have the report, now is the time to work out which descriptors you feel you should have scored.

Who did it Capita or Atos.

When the DWP send you the decision letter you will then be able to challenge it by a Mandatory reconsideration. But I would download Mandatory form from the DWP and start preparing it now. I also would advise do it in writing not over the phone and keep copies and send it recorded. 

Read this here and and will explain further https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Challenging-a-Personal-Independence-Payment-decisi/Ask-for-Mandatory-Reconsideration
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• sami
    Yes they put thinks I did not say and the assessor put extra thinks like I did not looks tired no eyes contact.....
  • Dingbat
    Dingbat Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi @Sami - I thought PIP was a non-means tested benefit?  Therefore it should not affect your Housing Benefit at all!  I was not going to apply for PIP but my work coach at the Jobcentre told me that it was a non-means tested benefit and to go ahead and apply.  Hope I am not wrong on this because it would definitely put a different slant on my applying in the first place!  Hope you get this resolved x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.