The 1 month of agony — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The 1 month of agony

shella
shella Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
ok just found out that everyone who won more points at an appeal has to wait 1 month as the DWP can appeal the appeal and that the Tribunal has no power what so ever to enforce the dicition they made in your favour.
I kept asking the person from the DWP is that everyone she kept saying some people I said thats not what I asked in the end she said yes thats everyone. so I would like to know from you has this happened to you and has anyone had the DWP challenge the dicition of the tribunal.
What was i fighting for why why why are we being punished in this way.this PIP benefit is all one sided and its not on our side.
feel free to vent your fustration here.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP did not ask for a statement of reasons (SOR)  in my case.  I don't know in what percentage of cases they do ask for SOR but it is rare for DWP to go on to appeal to the upper tier tribunal.
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi shella
    Oh no I have got this all to come its so unfair. DWP want people to give up. MPs are quitting their jobs because of how people are getting treat whats that telling us. Good luck and fight for your rights its so unfair life is hard enough with having health problems and disabilities. Let us know how you get on please.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    It is disgusting. I really think they want to wear us down.
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi @shella and everyone
    In my case the first I knew was a back payment into my bank after around 2 weeks followed by a very confusing letter a couple of weeks later, have read others who have said the same.

Then low and behold I got another review form/assessment a few weeks later and lost PIP altogether, now back to having to do another MR/Appeal.  The whole system is a complete mess
  • shella
    sleepy1 said:
    Hi @shella and everyone
    In my case the first I knew was a back payment into my bank after around 2 weeks followed by a very confusing letter a couple of weeks later, have read others who have said the same.

Then low and behold I got another review form/assessment a few weeks later and lost PIP altogether, now back to having to do another MR/Appeal.  The whole system is a complete mess
    Oh i am so sorry not only did you win and get some backdated money they slamed you with another assessment. I have no words. They do want people to just give up to those that did dont feel bad. its a long demanding road I admit I wanted to give up. when I remember the lies I get fired up even if I lost I though at least its on record.
  • shella
    justg72 said:
    Hi shella
    Oh no I have got this all to come its so unfair. DWP want people to give up. MPs are quitting their jobs because of how people are getting treat whats that telling us. Good luck and fight for your rights its so unfair life is hard enough with having health problems and disabilities. Let us know how you get on please.
    I will what makes it worst is that if you were invited to claim for PIP whilst you were getting DLA yoou will not be back dated

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.