Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

panasonic61
panasonic61 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
I have been waiting for appeal since October 2017 it' the second time in 2 years i am struggling financially with what am on been advised to go to food bank been told appeal is 49 weeks feel so down with it all, is there any charity I could turn to for help

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @panasonic61 Sorry what you are going through.

This is never easy.  Understand this very much.  Please can I ask have you spoke to Welfare Rights or CAB regarding your situation.

I had and still please can I say this . Reassessed. So many times myself.

Know that certain organisations can advise as I have said. Have you contacted them.

Please can I also ask if you have a mental condition. Try contacting a mental health charity for support and guidance.

I know I had to do this myself.

Useful to fight for you and give support in so many ways.

I hope that is helpful.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • panasonic61
    Hi the specimen I haven' spoke to welfare rights at cab it was a place called step change the cab are helping with my appeal once I have a date for tribunal and no it' not the mental health it' physical, I suppose more than anything stressed over the whole thing, twice in 2 years first my car then the rest. Thanks 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, @panasonic61. Have you managed to speak to the DWP and ask for an update on your tribunal date?

I really hope things start moving forwards as soon as possible, but in the meantime there are ways to get extra help. Turn2Us' page on emergency assistance is a good starting point, with lots of links to organisations who may be able to help- have a look, and please do let us know how you get on.
  • panasonic61
    Thanks will contact them yes they said 49 to 59weeks
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    This is happening to me too. 0 points, lost PIP in November, 10ish weeks until I get a tribunal date. It's Hell, but we're not alone. 
  • panasonic61
    Surely the governent will see the deprevation this is causing to disabled one of the most vulnerable in society and were not alone thanks for support
  • Waylay
    @panasonic61 I think most Tories know what their policies are doing; they either don't care, or this is what they intended to happen.

But yes, definitely not alone. We're all over the web, in newspapers, on blogs... There are up to 200,000 of us who have been failed by the assessment-decision-MR process. And we're helping each other.
  • panasonic61
    Hi waylay it' comforting to know I'm not alone, I've been on disability since 1993 no problems, until this band of cowboys took over to to assessments there' bonuses in it for who comes off the dla and they are milking it shame on them I believe in what goes around comes around my conscience is clear how many of them can say it 
  • panasonic61
    Hi bayley I agree about them getting bonuses I just hope they take them back off them when we win our appeals
  • panasonic61
  • panasonic61
    Mean waylay I received 11 thousand 900 back but was in a lot of debt as a result of losing pip
  • pigsmightfly
    pigsmightfly Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I have been trying to claim PIP for 18 months all I get told is My national insurance number is wrong. Been paying into it for 40yrs. There office is so rude they just put the phone down when i try to resolve the problem.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pigsmightfly and welcome

You should get trained help from an advice centre near you, CAB, Welfare rights or similar
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • panasonic61
    It's a disgrace pigsmightfly in my experience go to your local mp I did they got through within minutes hope this helps
  • Waylay
    @panasonic61 Damn! Good for you! Yeah, my backpay didn't cover allmy debts either....

Brightness